Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: MOVIE: Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker

I agree with Messor on this, its a really good movie, its just not a star wars movie, tiny resistance with no leader destroys massive(the biggest ever) sith army... thank you disney, rather stick to making kids movies where the plot doesn’t matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

I liked the part where the massive armada of super-weapon equipped Star Destroyers forgot to install independent navigation equipment and the command vessel got overrun with Space Horses (tm).

But seriously, it was always going to be a complete clusterf**k. They actually pulled it further out the bag than I thought they were going to, but still. You could see the parts where they just 'erased' a massive cock-up (Rose gets quietly sidelined, General Hux gets instantly disposed of without a thought by the excellent Richard E. Grant). Basically The Last Jedi had turned the 'bad guys' into complete clowns, and the 'good guys' (Admiral Purple Hair, alongside space Mary Poppins) were barely any better. They had no choice but to 'serious up' the bad guy side (with Grant) and bring back an actual threat (Palpatine), regardless of how it destroyed the original movies.

If they'd had a coherent plot, and intelligent scriptwriters throughout the trilogy this could have been epic. But no....

I enjoyed watching it. But got question. In one episode the storm troopers were Clones. But now it seems they go with its kids that were taken to be soldiers. Almost going for the African countries way of pushing kids in to service.

If you want to see Really Bad CG in a movie. Watch the new Midway movie. Expensive cast yet crap effects.

User

Quote Originally Posted by ARM505 View Post
    I liked the part where the massive armada of super-weapon equipped Star Destroyers forgot to install independent navigation equipment and the command vessel got overrun with Space Horses (tm).

But seriously, it was always going to be a complete clusterf**k. They actually pulled it further out the bag than I thought they were going to, but still. You could see the parts where they just 'erased' a massive cock-up (Rose gets quietly sidelined, General Hux gets instantly disposed of without a thought by the excellent Richard E. Grant). Basically The Last Jedi had turned the 'bad guys' into complete clowns, and the 'good guys' (Admiral Purple Hair, alongside space Mary Poppins) were barely any better. They had no choice but to 'serious up' the bad guy side (with Grant) and bring back an actual threat (Palpatine), regardless of how it destroyed the original movies.

If they'd had a coherent plot, and intelligent scriptwriters throughout the trilogy this could have been epic. But no....
    Then you would love the following, yes it's long but probably more entertaining than the movie itself:

User

Thew more I think about it, I believe Disney should have started a new Saga and left the old saga as it was, except for Rogue one, that was good, Solo was a cockup on a galactic scale....

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Thew more I think about it, I believe Disney should have started a new Saga and left the old saga as it was, except for Rogue one, that was good, Solo was a cockup on a galactic scale....
    So far watched Solo twice. Or should I say started watching it twice. And only get to 10 min max.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    So far watched Solo twice. Or should I say started watching it twice. And only get to 10 min max.
    I went in to Solo with the expectations of Rogue One...... Imagine my disappointment

User

Disney doesn't have any new ideas

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    Then you would love the following, yes it's long but probably more entertaining than the movie itself:

I enjoyed that video, and as a Star Wars fan, I agree.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2