Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Glock 19 gen 5 vs M&P 2.0 compact 4 inch.

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Whole bunch of people after watching this video - "Hey dude, I know how to make my Glock full auto!"

Just not reliably so...

Quote Originally Posted by DirkB View Post
    Just not reliably so...
    Tongue in cheek, but yeah I'm sure there are better ways to full auto your Glock. Youtube is testament to this.

User

Quote Originally Posted by RodeoRanger13 View Post
    When you are pro active, you can buy enough spares (in advance) to last you a lifetime....that is if you ever need them.
    If you dont need spares then you not shooting enough, anything mechanical needs maintenance....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Tongue in cheek, but yeah I'm sure there are better ways to full auto your Glock. Youtube is testament to this.
    There are also better ways to get laid than going to prison

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    There are also better ways to get laid than going to prison

Not a recommendation on my part, just commenting.

User

I fully agree. I think a lot of folks out there are holding back a bit on going to the range and cutting paper. There's just so much uncertainty at the moment with regards to the economy and job security that if you have 200 rounds in the safe...you are probably going to hang onto them. So for the average guy you will find that the FA rarely works..making it almost certain to outlive its owner without any repairs needed. Then with the more serious shooters, replacement of certain parts will be more common.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Everything you say makes perfect sense. Except the made in America part. I would slightly disagree on that part. Americans built stuff rough and functioning. But they lack refinement in there builds. There products always looks like they could have or should have spent just a fraction longer on it in factory to round some corners or work it off.

Other then that they do build stuff strong and to last.
    I must admit that I have experienced this too. However, I do tend to lean the way of taking a build for life product rather than looking at refinement as primary criteria. MAGLITE vs Led Lenser is one of the first products that comes to mind. The Led Lenser has the gimmicks but won't last, the MAGLITE will last nothing short of 3 generations plus and then you can throw anything at it.

User

I owned and carried a M&P 9 full size for 7 years. Great pistol and served me well, only one failure on the pistol in all this time was the slide release “tab” on the one side broke off. Due to it being a ambi slide stop it was a non issue while I waited for a replacement. Had it been something else it could very well have been a great paperweight while I waited for the replacement part.

I serviced and replaced springs frequently and stocked up on mags when I could find them.

I now carry a Gen 5 G19 and it’s comforting to know that I can get most spares at nearly any gunshop in my area. Also between my Gen 5 and my wife’s Gen 3 we have loads of mags available.

User

Just putting it out there that Jizni pretty much carries most spares that would be high wear items on a M&P.

The M&P mag issue is also something of the past, like probably 5 years ago it was an issue.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bundu Ric View Post
    Just putting it out there that Jizni pretty much carries most spares that would be high wear items on a M&P.

The M&P mag issue is also something of the past, like probably 5 years ago it was an issue.
    The mags availability issue has been sorted but I still have to walk into a local gun-shop and see them on the shelves. Also they are close to R1k so much more expensive than CZ or Glock mags. Same with parts.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast