Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Default Re: Ruger 10/22 thoughts?

At last...

The best reliability I get with Subsonics regarding feeding for my 10/22 are S&B Subsonics. They have wax, do make the rifle dirty (gunky) faster than plated bullets, but they cycle and feed 100 %. When your 4000 stash are finished by Christmas or earlier and you struggle to find reliable ammo for a 10/22, try S&B.

High Velocity seem to make for a less "finicky" rifle. S&B supplies the best accuracy from my rifle and CCI Mini Mag the smoothest feeding.

User

Wow, I forgot I started this thread!
    Thanks for the advice, what does the s&b ammo go for?
    I got “bored” of the accuracy of my 10/22 with a simple Hawke scope, so I put a red dot sight on it, because semi-auto you know Fun Fun Fun

Sent from my Fax Machine.

Hi Everyone. I am currently designing a new type of stock for a Ruger 10/22 and am looking for someone in the Western or Eastern Cape that would be willing to assist me on the project with regards fitment and function exercises on their 10/22. Basically I need to fit various prototype stocks to your barreled action as the project continues and do a few checks and balances. Ideally someone with their own land so the rifles and stock combo can be tested. All legal requirements must be adhered to during any fitments or shoots.

Happy to pay you for your time. Please PM me if you can assist or know someone who can.

Thanks,
    Piet.

User

I am interested in a 10/22 takedown, does one need an Semi Auto competency for this?
    I am not 100% sure about what competency is required, if anyone can assist pls.

User

Quote Originally Posted by scalci View Post
    I am interested in a 10/22 takedown, does one need an Semi Auto competency for this?
    I am not 100% sure about what competency is required, if anyone can assist pls.
    Yes you do.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    Yes you do.
    thx, let me see where to get this done….

based on that, my 9mm is a Semi-Auto, does that competency not cover this one?

User

If the 9mm is a pistol then no it doesn't.

User

thx, let me see where to get this done….

based on that, my 9mm is a Semi-Auto, does that competency not cover this one?
    No, because that's a HANDGUN competency.

What you need is an SLR (Self Loading Rifle), competency, or specifically as on the SAPS Competency Certificate, a S/L Rifle/ Carbine/ Pistol Caliber Carbine competency.

Unfortunately, you'll have to do further Competency, I would suggest if you do decide to do the SLR competency, just to the remaining three (3) with those, assuming you only have handgun competency at the moment, so in short do further competency for SLR, Shotgun and Manually Operated Rifle.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Branden88 View Post
    No, because that's a HANDGUN competency.

What you need is an SLR (Self Loading Rifle), competency, or specifically as on the SAPS Competency Certificate, a S/L Rifle/ Carbine/ Pistol Caliber Carbine competency.

Unfortunately, you'll have to do further Competency, I would suggest if you do decide to do the SLR competency, just to the remaining three (3) with those, assuming you only have handgun competency at the moment, so in short do further competency for SLR, Shotgun and Manually Operated Rifle.
    Thank you,

I will do that, I have HandGun, Shotgun and Rifle.

User

Thank you,

I will do that, I have HandGun, Shotgun and Rifle.
    If I may ask, why didn't you do the SLR with those three ?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast