Banned

Default Re: AKAMP PJTF Bullets

It looks a bit like a Glaser slug.
    I have a few very similar to yours but in .45

Cool
    Post a pic if possible

So... Bump. I contacted Somchem. A very friendly Chap tried to assist me but with no luck. I think He is too scared to give me a load. I don't have MP 200 at my disposal ATM. I'm itching to load some of these but I only have MS 200, S 121 and S221.

Any help would be appreciated.

I would use the MS200 powder with the 158 grain data as a start.

I never used anything faster than MP200 in a revolver, but if you have no choice, then rather MS200 before S121.

Those bullets are long, they look like they could be as long as 180 grain jacketed, but because they are plastic and light weight, the data for a heavier bullet is a good start for load development.

If the barrel is not 2", you can load up to 1000 fps in a .38, and 1200 fps in a .357, for that bullet weight, provided the bullet construction can hold it together.

Banned

You did not mention in what firearm you are thinking of shooting it in.

If I look at a 9mm then MS200 and MP200 have very similar loads for light projectiles (115gr). To play safe come down by 1gr on the loads suggested on the box. Speed should give you an idea of the safety of your load.

I did a simulation on QL using MP200. With MS200 the pressure is calculated at 18K psi - 1K over max.

https://www.somchemreload.com/search?c=11&f=283

Attachment 31630

Banned

How do they look on the inside? The box says "Terminal Frag." Designed to splinter or fracture into pieces?

Thanks for the replies.

@414, I was thinking of 5.0 to 5.2 gr MS 200,but obviously there are no "guessing" when it comes to reloading.

@Driepoot, sorry for not mentioning. I hava a Taurus 85 Snubby. Thank you for the effort with using QL. I really appreciate it.

My guess is that due to the Polymer construction, the bullet will be very quick out of the blocks compared to Lead or CMJ bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    How do they look on the inside? The box says "Terminal Frag." Designed to splinter or fracture into pieces?
    You mean if i cut one open Ds ? I never checked. It has a small cavity on the top where lead is visible. I assume the rest would be Polymer.

Quote Originally Posted by killzone View Post
    I was thinking of 5.0 to 5.2 gr MS 200
    Start on 5.2, it will be safe, because the 5.2 is for 158 grainers. You can work it up from there.

I expect you to get to a point where an increase in powder has no increase in velocity, just longer muzzle flash.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast