Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Amnestry and new NHSA statement

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    I think when it gets approved to new owner. They cancel the license of previous owner. As it cant be on 2 at the same time. When they approve the white card I think their system sees it as a new owner. And then removes previous owner which is the green card. As you got refused. The transfer never happened to on system and you stayed on green card. But who knows.
    And what would have happened if the old system were removed completely. My understanding is/was that the one replaces the other and the green was never meant to be a fallback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    FCA prohibits rendering a firearm inoperable before surrendering to police.
    Absolutely. We DO NOT recommend placing it in a plastic bag with a cup full of HTH for a week before handing it in!
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    See my previous post.

Zaahir is exactly on point.

This is backed by our entire legal team of 15 (odd - some very) legal professionals. Somebody somewhere once said: "But will they be in court with you if you get arrested?" The answer is YES! They will!
    Thanks Paul.

This is how I interpret the ruling as well.

He will have to make his own call. I see him covered on 2 bases wrt the white card ruling and the green card but that's my interpretation.

Is the HTH just gonna kill the finish or render more destruction

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Andre in Alberton View Post
    Is the HTH just gonna kill the finish or render more destruction
    HTH is a very powerful oxydising agent.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Guys

Thanks for all the input. Just to reply and hopefully close off. My old man decided he wants to hand in and reapply for a new license for the rollie. I suggested because the firearm will need ballistic testing (time consuming), is an old 357 Lama 4 inch Commanche he scrap it and i will by him a new G19 gen 3. He does not have dedicated status and all slots are filled with rifles etc being a farmer. It will unfortunately add another notch to Criminal Cele's amnesty count and the old man will have to make do with the shottie for now, but had least he will go from an antique budget 6 shooter to a bit more pills in the magazine. Thats the only positive i can get out of it all even if it is going to cost me a few rands.

Personally i would have awaited the outcome of the different court cases but we each make our own decisions. What i did notice is how the 'law' coming from the DFO that he trusts or believes knows these law is shockingly pure BS on many different topics. There are many like him. They do not follow laws and court cases but believe the DFO's they have been dealing with for years. Sad really as some are good DFO's but others are not worthy of packing sand in a rathole.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    HTH is a very powerful oxydising agent.
    Apparently, leaving your well-cleaned and un-oiled FA in the gun safe can do about the same under certain atmospheric conditions...

User

Another update here. DFO told old man he can't apply for another firearm until ballistics are done and the handgun is removed from his name. I assumed you handed it in as it's an amnesty, filled in a form and it is removed from your name. Same as if I picked it up on the side of the road. Ballistics has nothing to do with me. So basically he was advised to re apply for his rollie as it would be quicker.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SBB View Post
    Another update here. DFO told old man he can't apply for another firearm until ballistics are done and the handgun is removed from his name. I assumed you handed it in as it's an amnesty, filled in a form and it is removed from your name. Same as if I picked it up on the side of the road. Ballistics has nothing to do with me. So basically he was advised to re apply for his rollie as it would be quicker.
    DFO told my mom the same but this is BS. The SAPS can't have it both ways i.e. deprive you of ownership but then act as if you are still the owner until they deem otherwise. Either you are the licensed owner or you are not. Once handed over the firearm changes ownership and your license must be cancelled.

User

This just goes to show that this whole "amnesty" is a clusterfuck of ill-thought-out, mutually contradictory, unworkable and unexecutable ideas...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast