Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lyttelon DFO

Default Re: Lyttelon DFO

Have dealt with a lady and a guy there before, both very friendly and helpful. I have to go there again soon, so I will be on the lookout to not get him.

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisXB View Post
    Have dealt with a lady and a guy there before, both very friendly and helpful. I have to go there again soon, so I will be on the lookout to not get him.
    So I finally went back today. So just a PSA: You need to be there at least before 5h30 if you want to be helped. That is cutting it a bit close though as they cut off the line at 20 people. If you are there before 4h30 you will most probably be in the first 8 or so and should be helped by no later than 10h00. If you want to first in line, you have to be there at 4h00.

They then come by at around 6h00 to hand out the 20 tickets. If you don't get a ticket, try again tomorrow.

I was there at 4h15 and was third in line and left there at 8h00 as I was shown away because Safari Outdoor neglected to load the firearm on their dealer stock.

User

So I finally went back today. So just a PSA: You need to be there at least before 5h30 if you want to be helped. That is cutting it a bit close though as they cut off the line at 20 people. If you are there before 4h30 you will most probably be in the first 8 or so and should be helped by no later than 10h00. If you want to first in line, you have to be there at 4h00.

They then come by at around 6h00 to hand out the 20 tickets. If you don't get a ticket, try again tomorrow.

I was there at 4h15 and was third in line and left there at 8h00 as I was shown away because Safari Outdoor neglected to load the firearm on their dealer stock.

Thanks bud, this is helpful. In the final stages of my competency application and waiting for the approval before I head there for my licence app.

O and also, there was 2 DFO's by the time I left (the one only started later at around 7h30) and both were OK. Not overly friendly but not the appalling attitude I expected based on this thread. I think catching them early, before they get upset by rude members of the public, helps a lot.

O and also, there was 2 DFO's by the time I left (the one only started later at around 7h30) and both were OK. Not overly friendly but not the appalling attitude I expected based on this thread. I think catching them early, before they get upset by rude members of the public, helps a lot.
    The lady is way friendlier than the old male warrant officer. Take a chair to sit on while you wait.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Hennie Barnard View Post
    The lady is way friendlier than the old male warrant officer. Take a chair to sit on while you wait.

Aaaa.... WO de Beer. Very strict and difficult. If he says "go pay", then you know your docs are correct

Sent from my SM-A315F using Tapatalk

Lyttelton SAP is closed until Monday for Covid decontamination.

Lyttelton has received license cards. It's a mission getting through via phone, I've been cut off multiple times.

User

Hi,

Anyone have a number for enquiry?
    My rifle license renewal is on a year "in process". Not even sure if it will help phoning.

Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by DeVilliers View Post
    Hi,

Anyone have a number for enquiry?
    My rifle license renewal is on a year "in process". Not even sure if it will help phoning.

Any tips?

Sent you a PM.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast