Page 190 of 221 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 188 189 190 191 192 200 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 2209

Default Re: Coronavirus. Already here?

To add to the "Deaths since lockdown" discussion. As most know I work in EMS. Since the lockdown "Our: statistics for DOA has increased compared to other years. I have personally declared dozens of people deceased at their homes. Since March I have only done two unnatural deaths. One was an assualt and the other one was a concealment of birth. None of the deceased were CV19+ or even suspected cases. Yes I work in a small town and its surrounding areas, but I have witnessed a sharp increase in "natural" deaths.

My biggest suspicion is that people and their families are too scared to vist Health care facilities. The end result is death at home. It's just my own opinion. Perhaps the very cold weather is contributing.

I can confirm that yesterday was the very first admission of a CV+ patient at my local Hosp. This after 20 positive patients that were either self isolating or taken to a camp nearby.

User

Stay safe Killzone and Lithium, Finklestein and others on the forefront.

There have already been more reported deaths this year for the period than in previous years even with the lag in results from home affairs. The same has been seen in many European countries and New York so far comparing weekly deaths this year to previous years. Some of those will be other causes who are hesitant to seek out care due to the virus too but it does give an upper bound number to the mortality.

I still see so many conspiracy theories posted on facebook. "A friends homeopaths uncles death certificate was covid". Or the WHO is paying hospitals for each case (how, why?) And of course the antivaxxers are all over the place some claiming that viruses don't even exist.

User

MMMM

User

Hi
    I tested positive on the 12th June didn't have syptoms but was in contact with my nephew who was positive. I was totally asymptomatic physically but mentally it was insane didn't sleep for 14 days have a 4month old at home do I was stressed about them even tho many Dr's told me you don't need to stress about the younger kids. Even tho I was asymptomatic just stress made me loose 7kgs. But I'm done now and back on the move.
    I have 2 sisters that were positive my nephew 2 nieces and brother in law only my brother in law had to be hospitalized because he developed clots in his lungs but only for 3days he's back home and back to normal.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    So we been on level 3 for a month and you are still burying less people than 2019?
    Yep

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    I find this strange, because if I read the news, the cemetery care taker in PE cannot sleep because he is abnormally busy with burials.
    Not doubting your numbers, just pointing out the amount of propaganda doing the rounds.
    I saw that report. There are "hotspots" and the EC is one of them. Many funeral directors refuse to do a Covid funeral, because they are ill-equipped/uninformed. He could just be the go to guy in the area, so the hospitals and other undertakers just call him. Westpark had 20 Covid burials on Thursday. That number of burials is unusual for a weekday

User

Yep
    Hi Mike I was hoping you would post in this thread especially after the chat we had earlier this year.

User

Quote Originally Posted by mikecollinge View Post
    99.9% of the funerals we are doing are Covid deaths. Where the person was treated in a facility, and it wasn't a thumbsuck
    This doesn't make any sense unless you are the only funeral home in a large area taking Covid bodies.

150,000 people have died during lockdown and Covid deaths make up approx 2% of those deaths (approx 3000 to date), so how is it possible for you to be doing almost exclusively Covid bodies?

User

Quote Originally Posted by mikecollinge View Post
    I saw that report. There are "hotspots" and the EC is one of them. Many funeral directors refuse to do a Covid funeral, because they are ill-equipped/uninformed. He could just be the go to guy in the area, so the hospitals and other undertakers just call him. Westpark had 20 Covid burials on Thursday. That number of burials is unusual for a weekday
    Are they scared the dead guy is going to cough or sneeze on them? How can a funeral director not be "equipped" to deal with a rotting carcass? Cause that is exactly what they have been doing for hundreds of years?

Their "customers" are a little off in color and some have a bit of a smell (Depending on how they were stored and how long they lay somewhere before being found), but I know for a fact people (dead ones) that are shall we say "a little ripe" regularly get buried without issues. I would be more concerned with a corpse dripping on me than coughing on me. From having had the displeasure of manhandling a few out of their cars onto a stretcher over the years that gassed themselves and only got found a little late I know they fart and burp but I've never seen one cough or sneeze.

User

Quote Originally Posted by marcvbsa View Post
    This doesn't make any sense unless you are the only funeral home in a large area taking Covid bodies.

150,000 people have died during lockdown and Covid deaths make up approx 2% of those deaths (approx 3000 to date), so how is it possible for you to be doing almost exclusively Covid bodies?
    If your numbers are correct I also have to wonder WTF happened to the other 147 000 dead bodies?

Page 190 of 221 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 188 189 190 191 192 200 ... LastLast