Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: SADPA CIRCULAR NO 3

Less fees is just that, less fees. Many of us already have to pay NHSA, NRL, SADPA, IDPA Intl, because we don't just have one gun. Small blessing for me tbh.

User

I must say that I’m not sure what will happen with IDPA in SA. I have just needed to renew my memberships (early) as have a few Licence renewals coming up.

As such, I renewed with my club, SADPA (who provide the endorsements) and with IDPA (since this is what was required last year and because the SADPA circular no. 3 had not yet come out when I needed to renew)....

My concern is that a number (perhaps most?) of the clubs won’t register with IDPA and, as such, that there won’t be many IDPA leagues and higher matches.

I mean look at the calendar and there are no league matches until March or even April. In past years the leagues started in Jan and Feb!

I really think that we need to be careful here as SADPA/IDPA in SA may well lose even more members (which has been the case with a number of my IDPA shooting mates who were some of the top shooters).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tayls View Post
    I must say that I’m not sure what will happen with IDPA in SA. I have just needed to renew my memberships (early) as have a few Licence renewals coming up.

As such, I renewed with my club, SADPA (who provide the endorsements) and with IDPA (since this is what was required last year and because the SADPA circular no. 3 had not yet come out when I needed to renew)....

My concern is that a number (perhaps most?) of the clubs won’t register with IDPA and, as such, that there won’t be many IDPA leagues and higher matches.

I mean look at the calendar and there are no league matches until March or even April. In past years the leagues started in Jan and Feb!

I really think that we need to be careful here as SADPA/IDPA in SA may well lose even more members (which has been the case with a number of my IDPA shooting mates who were some of the top shooters).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I couldn't agree with you more. As both yourself and Singh17 have said., we are losing members already, now to divide those members even further by having 2 sports in which 1 is cheaper than the other could spell the end of IDPA, perhaps not from SADPAs side in terms of affiliation but from a participation point of view.

The whole point of any sport is to compete and if there are no longer top guys to compete against, what is the point?

By this time last year I had already done 3 club shoots and a league and was ready for the new shooting season. This year I have done 1 club shoot. Not by my choice, but just because there is nothing. With all the uncertainty around rules etc I think a lot of clubs are taking the wait and see approach which means no leagues or matches being planned until there is some certainty on the way forward.

Northern Nats will not be run on IDPA rules this year, so that's a big IDPA shoot off the calendar. I don't know what's happening with Southerns or Africa Champs.

The next 2 up coming club shoots are MPD shoots not IDPA so that's half of Feb gone with only 1 IDPA shoot I will have taken part in.

Don't get me wrong I want to shoot MPD to try it out, my personal reservations about the handgun rules as they currently stand aside.

Perhaps it's just everyone wanting to try out the new hotness., but if the start of this year is anything to go by, IDPA is in trouble.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

User

I have to say I find it quite strange that a national body can only compete in its own sport if members are part of an international association. What, except membership, do you get for your $40?

Lets see if I understand correctly. You have to be part of a US association, SA association and a SA club just to take part in IDPA in SA. And people are afraid that if the US side goes away, you would no longer be able to get DSS.

User

What about the rumour SADPA invested in Crypto?

User

Quote Originally Posted by janfred View Post
    And people are afraid that if the US side goes away, you would no longer be able to get DSS.
    No, I think it is clear that SADPA have not intention on dropping affiliation with IDPA so DSS, at this point, is not a concern.

The issue some of us seeing, which is already evident since IDPA normalized SA, is that IDPA Tier 2+ matches are on a decrease, currently their are only 6 Leagues listed on SADPA website.
    If you are an active IDPA shooter would have noted last year there were a few "super club" matches in lieu of leagues. You cannot get a match bump at a super club match.
    We do not know the direction clubs are going to take. If I recall Kroonstad already pulled out of IDPA and they used to have a league, Mooiriver also no league last year, FJDC no league.
    2 years ago myself and some of the guys I shoot with were making full calender's of what leagues etc we were going to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by sakush View Post
    Now that would be interesting.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by sakush View Post
    R10 000 of members money was invested in Crypto as per the Exco at the SGM

User

I have to say I find it quite strange that a national body can only compete in its own sport if members are part of an international association. What, except membership, do you get for your $40?

Lets see if I understand correctly. You have to be part of a US association, SA association and a SA club just to take part in IDPA in SA. And people are afraid that if the US side goes away, you would no longer be able to get DSS.
    I was at the Special General Meeting held at MDC
    From what I can gather, SADPA has been expressly denied the ability to host DMG events by IDPA HQ
    As such SADPA has created it's own ruleset called MPD, in order to host MPD shoots to allow SADPA members to keep their old and future DMG based firearms and be able to shoot with them.
    Remember your DSS status is supplied by SADPA and not IDPA.
    The reason why SADPA is continuing to stick with IDPA is according to SARS registration, SADPA is affiliated with an "international shooting body"
    There is the fear that should SADPA drop its affiliation then SARS may get difficult with them.

That is my understanding, I am no expert.

Personally I am likely going to renew with SADPA, and not with IDPA

To take part in IDPA shoots, you need to be an IDPA member (after your first 3 shoots), no more, no less.
    To take part in SADPA MPDS, you need to be a SADPA member, no more, no less.

People are getting their TT's in a twist over nothing, probably because they're getting second or third hand information without reading it for themselves.

SADPA Circular Letter No. 3

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast