Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: SADPA CIRCULAR NO 3

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak View Post
    R10 000 of members money was invested in Crypto as per the Exco at the SGM
    Is that allowed? After all SADPA is NOT an investment club!!

User

Quote Originally Posted by sakush View Post
    Is that allowed? After all SADPA is NOT an investment club!!
    In a word, No

User

I cannot see that international affiliation has anything to do with the SARS status of an association. I stand to be corrected.

SADPA registered with SAPS as an accredited sport shooting association around 2002 based on it's IDPA affiliation because SADPA had no autonomous shooting sport status or credibility at the time. That has changed, if I understand the latest newsletter correctly. So to blindly say that SADPA will lose it's accreditation with SAPS if it should not be affiliated to IDPA is imo incorrect and somewhat disingenuous.

User

Quote Originally Posted by DS View Post
    I cannot see that international affiliation has anything to do with the SARS status of an association. I stand to be corrected.

SADPA registered with SAPS as an accredited sport shooting association around 2002 based on it's IDPA affiliation because SADPA had no autonomous shooting sport status or credibility at the time. That has changed, if I understand the latest newsletter correctly. So to blindly say that SADPA will lose it's accreditation with SAPS if it should not be affiliated to IDPA is imo incorrect and somewhat disingenuous.
    From what I can recall from the SGM, SADPA's registration with SARS, not SAPS, was linked to the fact that SADPA was associated with an international shooting body
    SADPA's DSS status was not in question, it was merely a question of registration as an entity. Should SADPA no longer be associated with an international shooting body, there was fear that SARS would get sticky with SADPA about its registration as an entity.
    That was the explanation given as to why SADPA continues to register with IDPA as they are the international shooting association they were affiliated with and changing that could cause issues.
    I could well be wrong, maybe someone from Exco could clarify

User

Hey,

Just a query from my side. I left SADPA / IDPA also about 2 years back, mainly due to the cost. Problem being a gun lover I partake in a lot of shooting disciplines and already registered at NHSA and SAHGCA. SADPA cost the most and was the most difficult to maintain as no other shooting disciplines were catered for (NHSA and SAHGCA have some cross pollination which makes it easier to maintain DSS). SADPA shoots I only did to sharpen my skills for defensive purposes and not to compete.
    My question therefor is will you be able to join a club only and partake in shoots, as I do not need a DSS from SADPA (have one at each of the other organisations)?

User

You can join any SADPA club and keep it to club only. You will then be able to shoot at that club. (For any match over club level, they may require you to be a SADPA member also, If my understanding is correct)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3