Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Taurus pt 809

Default Re: Taurus pt 809

Quote Originally Posted by tommgun View Post
    i only see Glock fans here i had a taurus pt 92sf
    best gun ever , i have seen a few reviews and could not find anything wrong with it?
    also to find a glock new at 7k not posibble glock is KAK isay it again GLOCK IS KAK
    i know a few people that got the gun and they enjoy it, mags yes easy and pricy, if you take 92 mag punch square
    hole in it for mag release catch it would work perfectly
    When you come across the fountain of wisdom, drink. Dont just gargle.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SLR View Post
    Imagine making an account and reviving an old thread just to post that nonsense , and not realizing its a completely different gun to the thread you're posting in
    He also revived another Taurus thread from 2014, he obviously doesnt like it when people call Taurus shit, especially since he hasnt had one malfunction in 20 odd years, even after putting 200 rounds through it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by SLR View Post
    Imagine making an account and reviving an old thread just to post that nonsense , and not realizing its a completely different gun to the thread you're posting in
    Isn't that a typical troll action? I wonder?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    Isn't that a typical troll action? I wonder?

Yes. And I stepped in it...

User

Wow, there are lots of taurus hate going around, I've now put 7200 rounds through my Pt809 and she is still going strong without a single misfire. It is my EDC and she gets a minimum of 300 rounds through her every Sunday. Cytac makes holsters for it and I have both the IWB and Defender R retention holster. Mags were not hard to find and I purchased 2 extra at R700 each, just so you know, it's replacement, the Th9's Mags fit in it.

In a nutshell, I am extremely happy with my FA and will recommend this to anyone.

And before you guys start blasting me, I also own a H&K USP and a CZ Shadow 2. It's important that if you have an opinion on something, have first hand experience before you run your mouth.

Just my 2 cents

User

You have experience with one that you've had for 26 weeks by your math. Some people who commented here have seen a few, in classes they teach or ranges they work at. Don't assume they have no experience with them or the agents because they have a poor opinion of them.

Handy that the TH9 mags fit. Before the TH9 came out I met people who had issues getting spare mags for their 809s. Can you get springs and extractors for the 809? How long have these parts been available for?

Quote Originally Posted by raafil8 View Post
    It's important that if you have an opinion on something, have first hand experience before you run your mouth.
    Rubbish.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Quote Originally Posted by raafil8 View Post
    Wow, there are lots of taurus hate going around, I've now put 7200 rounds through my Pt809 and she is still going strong without a single misfire. It is my EDC and she gets a minimum of 300 rounds through her every Sunday. Cytac makes holsters for it and I have both the IWB and Defender R retention holster. Mags were not hard to find and I purchased 2 extra at R700 each, just so you know, it's replacement, the Th9's Mags fit in it.

In a nutshell, I am extremely happy with my FA and will recommend this to anyone.

And before you guys start blasting me, I also own a H&K USP and a CZ Shadow 2. It's important that if you have an opinion on something, have first hand experience before you run your mouth.

Just my 2 cents
    You did not state your first-hand experience with the all too common issue of parts breakage, spring replacement and just plain poorly fitted parts that are quite common on Taurus pistols. So by your own standards, you are not qualified to run your mouth...

FYI, I own and shoot multiple Taurusses, and I have experienced these issues myself on my own guns.

One single data point also does not make for good statistics. Some Taurusses do indeed run flawlessly (I own one of these) and some are just plain crap straight from the factory (own one of these too). Fortunately I have the skills and patience to fabricate small parts, so I could keep mine running. I would not want to have these issues on an EDC gun that my life may depend on.

If the local agents could actually be bothered to back up their product with parts and service, I could live with the poor QC. But they don't, so whenever your miracle Taurus eventually wears out a part, you will be stuck with an expensive and licensed paperweight.

If it looks like crap, smells like crap, tastes like crap, chances are pretty good it may actually be a turd. No need to hate it, just step around it and continue. No amount a juvenile temper tantrums will convert it into ice cream.

User

May I ask why this "troll" gets so much attention and he didn't even introduce himself? I wonder.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3