Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default NiteCoreSA, I love you, but why the spam?

Back in November 2019, I received an unsolicited marketing email from NiteCoreSA on two of the email addresses I set up for some group buys I ran on this forum a few years ago.

Not cool, but I decided to leave it, until I received another one yesterday.

Come on, NiteCoreSA. Why are you grabbing random email addresses from the web and spamming them? Only scummy businesses do things like that.

And that line at the bottom of the email, "Don't Like this Mail? Simply reply with subject REMOVE"? Really? Professional spammers use the "opt out" process to flag which email addresses have a person reading on the other side, so they can spam them harder. How can I trust you won't do the same, since you've already broken my trust by sending me spam in the first place?

Please, NiteCoreSA, be better than this.

User

Default Re: NiteCoreSA, I love you, but why the spam?

Dude, it's 2020 and you got two emails a few years apart.
    I really don't think it's the end of the world, they could have got your email from a lot of places.

They are a small company with a good product, it's not like they spamming you every day.
    Spam, is Safari and Outdoor texting me at 22h00 at night about specials, just because I had to give them my cell number for a courier.

User

You've missed the point about why spam is bad in the same way as the "government is welcome to monitor me, because I have nothing to hide" people miss the point about why government mass surveillance is bad.

I also don't understand how you calculate the time between November 2019 and February 2020 as "a few years".

I also really don't understand how they "could have gotten my email address from lots of places" when I literally wrote in my first post that I created the email addresses for use on this forum; there is literally only one place they could have gotten them: this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyR View Post
    there is literally only one place they could have gotten them: this forum.
    Only if you posted your mail address on the open forum.
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

User

Quote Originally Posted by FrankH View Post
    Only if you posted your mail address on the open forum.
    Yes, exactly so, I put the email addresses in my public posts so people could join the group buy.

The email address I used to register my account on the Gunsite forum has never received any spam.

The only logical way for the group buy email addresses to receive spam from NiteCoreSA is if they harvested email addresses in public posts on the forum, or, they purchased a list of email addresses someone else harvested from the public web, including the forum.

User

Just so NiteCoreSA knows: there are people who Don't mind receiving emails about the cool things they stock.

If they didn't send me an email with products a while ago - I wouldn't have known they sold diving torches!

Sometimes that which qualifies as adversity in somes people's lives, are a wee bit laughable. (Speaking about myself of course..)

Not to sound insensitive. But the economy is tough and marketing needs to be done. Especially for small businesses.

It's an email with deals, they didn't hack your bank account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Elmar Burger View Post
    Not to sound insensitive. But the economy is tough and marketing needs to be done. Especially for small businesses.

It's an email with deals, they didn't hack your bank account.

No, no!

What does the tough economy have to do with an invasion of my privacy? Their problems are exactly that, their problems. They have no right, hard economic times or not, to send me unsolicited e-mails.

I will out of principle go out of my way not to support that business.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    No, no!

What does the tough economy have to do with an invasion of my privacy? Their problems are exactly that, their problems. They have no right, hard economic times or not, to send me unsolicited e-mails.

I will out of principle go out of my way not to support that business.
    Ok... Seems to be important to you. Then buy somewhere else.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Elmar Burger View Post
    Ok... Seems to be important to you. Then buy somewhere else.

Do you have an interest in Nitecore SA?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast