Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: NiteCoreSA, I love you, but why the spam?

I have 3 olights from torch sa. Before this post I didn't even know about nitecore.

This rant is getting a bit heavy and you seem to be looking to fight random internet people.

Heaven have mercy on the poor waitress that brings you unsolicited ketchup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Elmar Burger View Post
    I have 3 olights from torch sa. Before this post I didn't even know about nitecore.

This rant is getting a bit heavy and you seem to be looking to fight random internet people.

Heaven have mercy on the poor waitress that brings you unsolicited ketchup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not at all. I just think you don’t understand the problem. Your ketchup example a clear tell.

Have a great weekend.

User

Delete the mail and block the sender.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    No, no!

What does the tough economy have to do with an invasion of my privacy? Their problems are exactly that, their problems. They have no right, hard economic times or not, to send me unsolicited e-mails.

I will out of principle go out of my way not to support that business.
    Rights, eh. You are bombarded by advertising everywhere you go on a daily basis. Just delete the mail.

User

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyR View Post
    Yes, exactly so, I put the email addresses in my public posts so people could join the group buy.

The email address I used to register my account on the Gunsite forum has never received any spam.

The only logical way for the group buy email addresses to receive spam from NiteCoreSA is if they harvested email addresses in public posts on the forum, or, they purchased a list of email addresses someone else harvested from the public web, including the forum.
    If you post your info in public, they are fully within their rights to send you ads. They have to get your info from you, and if you post it online, it's no surprise you got spam. It's like parking your Tazz in the middle of Pretoria CBD over the weekend and being surprised that it's gone on Monday morning.

No, no!

What does the tough economy have to do with an invasion of my privacy? Their problems are exactly that, their problems. They have no right, hard economic times or not, to send me unsolicited e-mails.

I will out of principle go out of my way not to support that business.
    How do you treat beggars at a red light asking you for money?

EDIT: You want to be really sour at someone invading your privacy and totally screwing the POPI act? Go to Hippo.co.za, click on Get a Quote! and enter your ID number in the box. Check what they have on you. Specially interesting if you've never dealt with them before.

User

The fundamental difference between being bombarded by adverts and beggars every time you leave your house, is that they do so in a public environment. How can we just accept that they then come and bombard us like that in our private homes on private devices? They are out of line.

Just because everyone is doing it doesn’t make it right. So also, just because everyone accepts it, also does not make it right.

User

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyR View Post
    Yes, exactly so, I put the email addresses in my public posts so people could join the group buy.

The email address I used to register my account on the Gunsite forum has never received any spam.

The only logical way for the group buy email addresses to receive spam from NiteCoreSA is if they harvested email addresses in public posts on the forum, or, they purchased a list of email addresses someone else harvested from the public web, including the forum.

Be grateful nobody put your email address on gumtree, with a velociti, with rockford fosgate sound, for 30k
    Then you would be getting mail.

Jokes aside, I generally let the smaller marketing slide, its russels and Joshua doore that let my staff buy on credit then call the business land line everyday that makes me go mental

User

Hi Guys, we do send out mail, normally about 4-6 per year to announce new products. If you don't like the mail you can simply reply at any time with the word remove in the subject line and you will be placed in our Exception(do not contact) list, its a bit of a manual process so provided I didn't make a mistake you will never ever be send a newsletter again. :-)

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    Be grateful nobody put your email address on gumtree, with a velociti, with rockford fosgate sound, for 30k
    Then you would be getting mail.
    Mileage on that Velo? And does it include the 17" Vossen replicas?

User

The fundamental difference between being bombarded by adverts and beggars every time you leave your house, is that they do so in a public environment. How can we just accept that they then come and bombard us like that in our private homes on private devices? They are out of line.

Just because everyone is doing it doesn’t make it right. So also, just because everyone accepts it, also does not make it right.
    0.5 emails a month is hardly being bombarded.
    If it's really an issue, mark it as spam and move on with your life.

I get about 3 emails a day from some auto mart place, I haven't even looked at a second hand car in the last 10 years.
    That's being bombarded.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast