Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    0.5 emails a month is hardly being bombarded.
    If it's really an issue, mark it as spam and move on with your life.

I get about 3 emails a day from some auto mart place, I haven't even looked at a second hand car in the last 10 years.
    That's being bombarded.
    By your standards maybe, but you don’t get to decide what is acceptable for me. By someone else’s standards three mails a day might to even make the irritation radar, yet you call it bombardment. The fact remains though, they shouldn’t be doing what they are doing. For me it is a matter of principle. And just because some auto sales place and mega retail groups are doing it doesn’t mean we should let it slide from smaller companies within our “ranks”, if I can call it that.

Generally, when I have the option I will try and not support big corporations in favour of smaller owner managed businesses. Sometimes even at greater cost. I expect that they should reciprocate by behaving in a manner that also takes my interests into account and not only be self serving profiteers.

User

Default Re: NiteCoreSA, I love you, but why the spam?

EDIT: Rather not.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    By your standards maybe, but you don’t get to decide what is acceptable for me. By someone else’s standards three mails a day might to even make the irritation radar, yet you call it bombardment. The fact remains though, they shouldn’t be doing what they are doing. For me it is a matter of principle. And just because some auto sales place and mega retail groups are doing it doesn’t mean we should let it slide from smaller companies within our “ranks”, if I can call it that.

Generally, when I have the option I will try and not support big corporations in favour of smaller owner managed businesses. Sometimes even at greater cost. I expect that they should reciprocate by behaving in a manner that also takes my interests into account and not only be self serving profiteers.
    Fair point on the relativity of the bombardment.
    But did you never get flyers in your P.O box?

User

What is the objective of the thread ?

User

Quote Originally Posted by mo-manack View Post
    What is the objective of the thread ?
    To call out an otherwise reputable business for misusing personally identifiable information.

I am staggered at the lack of awareness demonstrated on this thread. Spam has nothing to do with "bombardment" or frequency or volume or only being for new products, and everything to do with businesses misusing personal information to try enrich themselves, which at the very least costs the recipient time. That some people may be tolerant of it does not change the fact that it is wrong, in the same way that tolerating government mass surveillance doesn't make it right.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

I agree with you . Very often information is exchanged on the basis of secure transaction but then this happens and that's not secure is it?

( Take nitecore out the equation it's many of the companies that do it)
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Mark as spam, send to junk box and move on. Was it really necessary to make a post on forum about this?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kev123 View Post
    Mark as spam, send to junk box and move on. Was it really necessary to make a post on forum about this?
    They're a business that seems to care, so letting them know that what they're doing is not okay gives them actionable feedback. Since they got the email addresses from my posts on this forum, it felt like the appropriate place to do this.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

How would they get your email from GS?
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Celesti @ NiteCoreSA View Post
    Hi Guys, we do send out mail, normally about 4-6 per year to announce new products. If you don't like the mail you can simply reply at any time with the word remove in the subject line and you will be placed in our Exception(do not contact) list, its a bit of a manual process so provided I didn't make a mistake you will never ever be send a newsletter again. :-)
    I have a problem with this. Why don't I get your mails? I also want to find out about new products

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast