Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    How would they get your email from GS?
    It's in my first and third post on page 1, but the short version is that I posted specially created group-buy email addresses on the public forum for people to join the group buys I ran, and those addresses are now receiving unsolicited marketing from NiteCoreSA. This indicates that they are harvesting and spamming email addresses they find on the [South African] web, with this forum being one of their sources.

Quote Originally Posted by mottobaaj View Post
    I have a problem with this. Why don't I get your mails? I also want to find out about new products
    I'd have no problem if they had a proper mailing list and I were receiving these emails because I'd opted in to it. In that case, I would be explicitly giving them my personal information and consenting to receive marketing. However, that is not what has happened here.

User

Default Re: NiteCoreSA, I love you, but why the spam?

Maybe the mods can clarify.
    Is it not forum rules to first attempt to solve your issue with the company in question before naming and shaming, or does that only apply to firearm dealers?

User

I am sure by now you are off their mailing list, please keep us posted - just not via email.

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyR View Post
    It's in my first and third post on page 1, but the short version is that I posted specially created group-buy email addresses on the public forum for people to join the group buys I ran, and those addresses are now receiving unsolicited marketing from NiteCoreSA. This indicates that they are harvesting and spamming email addresses they find on the [South African] web, with this forum being one of their sources.

I'd have no problem if they had a proper mailing list and I were receiving these emails because I'd opted in to it. In that case, I would be explicitly giving them my personal information and consenting to receive marketing. However, that is not what has happened here.
    Nitecore is a great business. Efficient, helpful and they supply great products. They have always operated with politeness and respect. Why not just send them an email, or if you're allergic to those, pick up the phone and have a conversation instead of making a performance on gunsite? It seems a huge overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    Nitecore is a great business. Efficient, helpful and they supply great products. They have always operated with politeness and respect. Why not just send them an email, or if you're allergic to those, pick up the phone and have a conversation instead of making a performance on gunsite? It seems a huge overreaction.
    Nice succinct and clear advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Such great advice, let’s waste some more of my time to resolve an issue I did not create.

There are laws in place to protect people from exactly this.
    Doing business ethically includes your marketing campaigns , data and marketing partners.

And no, I fully support Ashley in his views. Sacrificing a little bit here and then there over time gets us to the shit show we see all around us today.

Quote Originally Posted by GP100 View Post
    Such great advice, let’s waste some more of my time to resolve an issue I did not create.

There are laws in place to protect people from exactly this.
    Doing business ethically includes your marketing campaigns , data and marketing partners.

And no, I fully support Ashley in his views. Sacrificing a little bit here and then there over time gets us to the shit show we see all around us today.
    I'm guessing you clicked "remove me from your mailing list"...
    Either that or you sued someone?

User

thinking about when we had door to door salesmen... how the dynamics have changed...

User

I've marked this thread as spam

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4