Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Swiss K31 rifle

User

Default Re: Swiss K31 rifle

Bliksem that is nice.

User

Cheers for the replies team, it seems they've a similar level of availability in S.A. as they do in N.Z. Nobody here stocks commercially available GP11 ammunition so it's going to be some time before I get to fire the thing. The rifle feels good in the hand, the grip almost as chunky as a M1 Garand. LOP is pretty much bang on for someone of my dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak View Post
    I have a K31 with peep sights, bought from a deceased estate

Mine has these sights on

Diopter sights would be ideal!

User

Swiss rifle club is quite active down here in the Cape. I've seen a few of these rifles there, and even a .22 calibre training version.

https://www.facebook.com/www.swissclub.co.za/

User

Quote Originally Posted by BBCT View Post
    Swiss rifle club is quite active down here in the Cape. I've seen a few of these rifles there, and even a .22 calibre training version.

https://www.facebook.com/www.swissclub.co.za/
    Interesting, seems to be a larger Swiss community in S.A. than I originally thought. I see that my former "local" in Vorna Valley, Midrand is still going.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tango Sierra View Post
    Cheers for the replies team, it seems they've a similar level of availability in S.A. as they do in N.Z. Nobody here stocks commercially available GP11 ammunition so it's going to be some time before I get to fire the thing. The rifle feels good in the hand, the grip almost as chunky as a M1 Garand. LOP is pretty much bang on for someone of my dimensions.

[FONT=Verdana]

Diopter sights would be ideal!
    Is reloading not an option for you?
    The previous owners son has offered to let me tag along to a Swiss Rifle shoot and possibly purchase some GP11 factory ammo while there
    That would be amazing!

User

Funny you should ask as I was searching for ammunition for it on our local version of B.O.B. and came across some Norma cases. I don't reload but asked the seller if he had any ammunition to sell, long story short - now have 50 FMJ and 20 SP. I'll save the brass though.

Is reloading not an option for you?
    The previous owners son has offered to let me tag along to a Swiss Rifle shoot and possibly purchase some GP11 factory ammo while there
    That would be amazing!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tango Sierra View Post
    Funny you should ask as I was searching for ammunition for it on our local version of B.O.B. and came across some Norma cases. I don't reload but asked the seller if he had any ammunition to sell, long story short - now have 50 FMJ and 20 SP. I'll save the brass though.
    Locally I can get the Prvi Partizan ammunition off the shelf, it's not great ammo, but I am sure if I batch the brass once shot I can get something decent out the rifle.
    Till I can find decent brass that is

Join your nearest Swiss Shooting Club I know there is one in the Cape one in GP and also one that shoots monthly at Nottingham Road in KZN .They can supply the GP11 Ammo none of the other products like Privi are as good or as accurate .Btw I own a K31

I have owned one for a few years now I purchased it at a Classic Arms Auction.Its a dream to shoot with the correct GP11 ammunition the best way to get to shoot it is to join a nearby Swiss shooting club they are able to supply the ammunition

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

What is the going rate for one?
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast