Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Quote Originally Posted by jiggajono View Post
    Do both at the same time. Renewal is different to first time applications
    Thanks so much🙏

Default Re: License Expiring - Please Help

a colleague of mine submitted his license renewal forms in June and his license expires today. He hasn't heard anything yet about his application so technically the firearm is illegal as from tomorrow. What should he do?

User

Quote Originally Posted by glenn.watson View Post
    a colleague of mine submitted his license renewal forms in June and his license expires today. He hasn't heard anything yet about his application so technically the firearm is illegal as from tomorrow. What should he do?
    Does he have proof of submission?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

User

Tell him to check his id number and serial number on the saps website to see if the app was captured. Alternatively download "Where's My App" on play store and check that way. I was able to track a new application for which I never received an sms or reference number.

User

If he handed in the application, the license remains legal. Period. That does not change.

Thanks guys. both the saps website and app didn't have much info. We just got hold of the call centre and they said his application was sent back two days ago to his local dfo as incomplete. Eish. will have to wait a while before he can go and find out why it was incomplete and then resubmit for another 5 month wait maybe. They couldn't tell him why it was incomplete. So it'll be next year before he gets it approved again

Quote Originally Posted by holdingthezero View Post
    Tell him to check his id number and serial number on the saps website to see if the app was captured. Alternatively download "Where's My App" on play store and check that way. I was able to track a new application for which I never received an sms or reference number.

The app draws from the website so they should be the same.

User

The app draws from the website so they should be the same.
    App is just easier imo.

User

Thanks guys. both the saps website and app didn't have much info. We just got hold of the call centre and they said his application was sent back two days ago to his local dfo as incomplete. Eish. will have to wait a while before he can go and find out why it was incomplete and then resubmit for another 5 month wait maybe. They couldn't tell him why it was incomplete. So it'll be next year before he gets it approved again
    That is super frustrating.

yip. it would be so much better for everyone if the application was just online. Can get sent to whichever office immediately and actioned straight away. Can then add whatever needs to added if necessary. But welcome to SA

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast