Thread: Black powder

Default Black powder

Good day

I want to know if someone can help me with my black powder permit to buy and store black powder. I got myself a black powder rifle the other day and now need to get my permit. Any tips to speen up the process will be appreciated. I am situated in centurion

Thank you

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Default Re: Black powder

You will need to do a Black Powder Competency first. As they now require this. Then if your in CPT its easy. As you can visit the Explosive department in Pinelands. Fill in App and you will get permit in 2-4 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    You will need to do a Black Powder Competency first. As they now require this. Then if your in CPT its easy. As you can visit the Explosive department in Pinelands. Fill in App and you will get permit in 2-4 weeks.
    Ok cool . I am in pretoria Cbd and there is a explosives unit around the corner from me

Then will be even quicker. As the CPT office sends it up to JHB for approval.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Rooikopfrancais View Post
    Good dayI want to know if someone can help me with my black powder permit to buy and store black powder. I got myself a black powder rifle the other day and now need to get my permit. Any tips to speen up the process will be appreciated. I am situated in centurionThank youSent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
    If you got all your documentation/permit in order buy excellent quality Black powder from Johan Greyling, ZAR Black Powder , Witbank..

Yes i have heard of him from Hannes Joubert in lydenburg. I heard he makes excellent black powder. I am now new to the black powder scene and will take any advice and tips that i can het

User

The most important aspect of shooting black powder is determined by how clean your rifle barrel is every time you shoot...you will not get good shooting results if you do not learn to clean your barrel as many times as possible when you are shooting your rifle...

Thanks oom Gert
    I have been searching the internet for stuff like powder measures and a good ramrod . Any idea where i can get such supplies