Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Martini Henry MK 11 spares needed.

Hi

Does anyone know where I can find MH MK 11 spares ?
    Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Regards

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Default Re: Martini Henry MK 11 spares needed.

What do you need?
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Banned

3D print or befriend a fitter and turner?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Luker View Post
    Hi

Does anyone know where I can find MH MK 11 spares ?
    Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Regards
    Where are you & is it a military one? (& as already asked by Cordite Crazy, what bits do you need?)

In my very limited experience with M-H, it helps if you actually test-fit the parts to the rifle until you find the one that fits best because they're not all exactly the same dimensions and there are configuration differences eg between sporters (which often have a safety) & military so spares may or may not require a bit of tweaking with a file to make them fit.

Thank you for the replies.

It is a military issue .577/450 delivered to the ZAR Republic on 7 February 1890 by Kynoch ( Boer Martini).

I am in need of the following:

A cleaning rod
    Sling swivels for trigger and forend
    Parts for the rear sight leaf. I only have the leaf itself.
    A bayonet
    A sling

Regards

User

- Sling: Pretorius Bros Leather can help you with a replica sling. They have all manner of MH goodies. You can get their contact details from Cordite Crazy, he's got mine :)

- Bayonet: How much are you prepared to pay? Prices differs quite a bit between a socket spike and sawback... Also, does your MH have a front lug for the bayonet, or do you need a socket type that fit over the front sight?

- Cleaning rod: Does your MH have a hole in front for one? Some carbines, sporters, later military MH do not have a hole for a cleaning rod. Also double check the type of cleaning rod that is authentic to your rifle, there were quite a few different types manufactured.

- Swivel and rear leaf: Wait for the Arms Fair at the War Museum fist weekend in August, there is a dude who usually sits just to the right of the Delville Hall - he have a few trays of old martini/enfield parts, chances are you might find what you are looking for in there.

Just another thought on the rear sight, you might get away with using the parts of a Lee Metford.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by vratvark View Post
    - Sling: Pretorius Bros Leather can help you with a replica sling. They have all manner of MH goodies. You can get their contact details from Cordite Crazy, he's got mine :)

- Bayonet: How much are you prepared to pay? Prices differs quite a bit between a socket spike and sawback... Also, does your MH have a front lug for the bayonet, or do you need a socket type that fit over the front sight?

- Cleaning rod: Does your MH have a hole in front for one? Some carbines, sporters, later military MH do not have a hole for a cleaning rod. Also double check the type of cleaning rod that is authentic to your rifle, there were quite a few different types manufactured.

- Swivel and rear leaf: Wait for the Arms Fair at the War Museum fist weekend in August, there is a dude who usually sits just to the right of the Delville Hall - he have a few trays of old martini/enfield parts, chances are you might find what you are looking for in there.

Just another thought on the rear sight, you might get away with using the parts of a Lee Metford.
    Hay Vratvark is back online! You guys finally unpacked in Kiwiland?

This is good advice
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Banned

That comprehensive answer should help the OP. Can the organizers of the Arms Fair not supply the name of the person displaying the MH spares?

User

You might also try Classic Arms in Witbank. They used to sell boatloads of these rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by vratvark View Post

Many thanks to you and everyone else for the advice. I will check everything out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast