Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Recommendation for Kids Pellet Gun

Just keep in mind, the quality of BSA Meteors today is not the same as 40 years ago. Gecado is no longer manufactured. The only junior airrifle I would recomend is the HW30. Walther does not have one as far as I know. I don't trust Gamo. And the other entrants are too new to the market.

At least the HW30 can be enjoyed by everyone in the family and should last as long, if not longer, than the old Meteors. Resale value is also great.

If I recall correct from couple years back. Gamo took over BSA stuff.

My Deceased Father in law actually had a BSA Meteor which is from late 90's. It was a safe queen. I should actually ask my Mother in Law if she wants to sell it.

User

It may not be what you are wanting, but if he was a couple years younger I would have also considered the Daisy Buck or Daisy Red Ryder. One of the best purchases I ever made. I cant tell you the hours of fun my son and i have had with it. Family having shooting comps on the front lawn at the farm with it. 1000's of rounds at minimal cost, holds a couple hundred rounds at a time so can shoot a lot and quickly. And pretty accurate as well as deadly....my son has taken his fair amount of trophies at the feed troughs!

The Gecado 45 was very well made. That is aside from a propensity to continuously loosen the attachment points with the stock.

User

Not just the Gecado 45, most spring powered air rifles. There is even a song about it.

User

If I was in your position and you are open to pcp, I would get him a cz200. It’s a very compact, reliable rifle. My oldest is only 2yr7months. I have already bought him and his brother both cz200 hunters. Which I will keep running until they are of age.

User

Cz have now stopped making them. That size perhaps the Air Arms S200.

Still, the HW30s is a great shooter. Easy enough to cock for little arms and no air cylinder or pump to cart around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2