Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Recommendation for Kids Pellet Gun

Hi all. I am looking to buy my son a pellet gun. Option 1 is a GAMO Relay. Option 2 is a SPA LB600. SPA is about half the price of the GAMO. Any recommendations/ reviews?

Banned

Default Re: Recommendation for Kids Pellet Gun

All I can say is that the pellet gun may become a lifetime treasure and hand me down to his child, buy a well-made lifetime product.
    I have my father’s fathers pellet gun, which makes it 4Th generation now for Cody of whom I am father (or I hope so, wife seems to think not most days)
    I also have my mother’s fathers pellet gun - also 4Th generation.
    I also have my childhood friends 5th generation old BSA, his son has no interest in it.
    So perhaps you can understand my saying not to buy an el cheapo Chinese 5 year life span kind of gun.

User

I have had my BSA Supersport for 18 years, my dad kinda kept it when I moved out (same property, different house) to shoot frogs by his fish ponds at night, ill probably get it back when he passes one day, great gun!

User

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeM View Post
    Hi all. I am looking to buy my son a pellet gun. Option 1 is a GAMO Relay. Option 2 is a SPA LB600. SPA is about half the price of the GAMO. Any recommendations/ reviews?
    Uhm, no! Please refrain from getting the cheapest and nastiest airgun just because it's cheap. And don't buy because the marketing is great. They are difficult to sell once you realise you need something better. That out the way, what age is your son? What is the purpose of the airgun?

User

Thanks guys

He is 11. Looking to use it for target shooting and maybe sport shooting down the line

Weihrauch HW 30s
    BSA Meteor

First 5 choices is the 30s. And then by a way of 6th place. The Meteor.

User

Otherwise, maybe look at a good quality used rifle. The HW30 is a good choice as well as the old Gecado 25/27. They are avaliable at reasonable prices and despite being 40+ years old, they will still outlast a new gamo. Airrifle.co.za has a classified section where these things pop up. OLX ans the other usual spots are also a good place to look.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MariusT View Post
    Otherwise, maybe look at a good quality used rifle. The HW30 is a good choice as well as the old Gecado 25/27. They are avaliable at reasonable prices and despite being 40+ years old, they will still outlast a new gamo. Airrifle.co.za has a classified section where these things pop up. OLX ans the other usual spots are also a good place to look.

I can vouch for the Gecado 25 , 27 , 35 and 50 . My oldest is dated 1967 ( the 25 ) and has survived much use and abuse and is still a brilliant little gun. The others are better made and are sure to outlast the 25 . My Gamo 1000 (bought 18 yrs ago ) is fine to shoot but has given more trouble including the trigger group failing on two occasions.

User

I still have my BSA Meteor after 40 plus years. When my sons came of age, I bought a second secondhand Meteor from my friendly local gunsmith, I only paid for a new spring and the service. (Maybe you also get lucky)

User

I have the Diana mod 27 that I inherited from my uncle that was made in 1957 and it still is lazer accurate and finished much better than todays airrifles. Also, it has no plastic anywhere. Diana airrifles made after WW2 were made by Milbro in Scotland with the tooling that was confiscated from Mayer & Grammeslpacher (Diana) in Germany. Gecado was made by M&G but was not allowed to be called Diana anymore due to their connection to the nazis in WW2. So long story long, Diana is a great brand also and the new Diana rifles are very good quality as well. I have a 350 Panther and my dad has the 31 panther. Both excellent rifles.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast