Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Fly Fishing - Assistance required

OP, I would recommend you get one or more books on freshwater fly-fishing - learn rods, reels, backing, line, knots, leaders, tippets and the various techniques - different for dams and fast water. Have fun!
    Mark is a great coach/guide as is his boet Malcolm.

User

Thanks all

Have had to postpone with 12 months.

Will have plenty time to practice now.

User

Before you fly over BC - do yourself a favour, get your hands on a 5 weight rod - add to that a weight forward line - add a 6foot leader and tie a piece of wool on the end of it.

Now find a piece of lawn where you lay a hanky down - now practise dropping your fly(wool) onto it from any distance out to 20m - practice in calm conditions - windy conditions and everything in between. The more you practice this the more you will enjoy fishing the rivers, lakes and ponds over here.

Once you efficient at this give me shout, tell me when and where in BC you going, what you want catch and I will give you pointers on flies, licensing etc. etc.

User

Quote Originally Posted by bchunter View Post
    Before you fly over BC - do yourself a favour, get your hands on a 5 weight rod - add to that a weight forward line - add a 6foot leader and tie a piece of wool on the end of it.

Now find a piece of lawn where you lay a hanky down - now practise dropping your fly(wool) onto it from any distance out to 20m - practice in calm conditions - windy conditions and everything in between. The more you practice this the more you will enjoy fishing the rivers, lakes and ponds over here.

Once you efficient at this give me shout, tell me when and where in BC you going, what you want catch and I will give you pointers on flies, licensing etc. etc.
    Thank you!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bchunter View Post

Top advice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2