User

Default Shooting events cancelled.

Received an email last night in which it is advised that all level 1 and 2 matches be cancelled untill further notice. This is in response to the ongoing Corona/Covid 19 situation.

It is mentioned that events can continue (less than 100 people) with permission from the provincial health department. No-one has tried to obtain the mentioned permission that I am aware of, so whether this is a viable option is unknown.

I can understand, and I support, the steps being taken, but my concern is regarding the obtaining, and maintenance, of Dedicated Status. Should the emergency measures remain in place for longer than anticipated it may well have an impact on a persons ability to acheive or maintain DS status.

Default Re: Shooting events cancelled.

When I was still with CTSASA. Before going to NHSA. If you did not maintain status during year according to guideline. You could submit a form stating the reason.

Sure this will apply.

I know they said 100 people max. Problem is 500 people together can be safe if no one has Covid.

2 people at place can be dangerous if 1 of the two has it.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    When I was still with CTSASA. Before going to NHSA. If you did not maintain status during year according to guideline. You could submit a form stating the reason.

Sure this will apply.

I know they said 100 people max. Problem is 500 people together can be safe if no one has Covid.

2 people at place can be dangerous if 1 of the two has it.
    I agree with this, we just dont know who has it and who does not, very uncertain times

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

PAAA canceled their next 2 shoots too. I see Spartan Arms is still doing club shoots though.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User

I'm also bumed about the cancellation of matches, but I believe it won't be for too long.
    In regards with the DSS maintaining, I'm sure we can submit a valid reason if some individuals are a bit sort with attendance points and they will take that into consideration.

This will work out for the better in the long run lets keep morale up

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

The joys of NHSA is any range event counts towards participation.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.