Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Hunt Group any good?

Evening fellow GS users.

I've tried searching for posts about the Hunt Group shotguns but either doing it wrong or none to be found.

So now I'm asking for some advice and hoping my post is in the right place. Second time posting, first being the meet and greet.

I'm looking for a shotgun to start clay shooting and maybe/possible double as a home defence gun for the wife.

I would like a Benelli M2 or M4 but the budget will not allow that now. So I came across the Hunt Group super x that's more in range but I'm not sure if they are any good?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

User

Default Re: Hunt Group any good?

What is your budget?

Personally I would steer clear of unknown brands. Where are you going to find spares?

There is a great Beretta deal available here which would be much better. (Not that there are spares available for them either, but at least it is a decent gun.)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Snakes&Guns View Post
    Evening fellow GS users.

I've tried searching for posts about the Hunt Group shotguns but either doing it wrong or none to be found.

So now I'm asking for some advice and hoping my post is in the right place. Second time posting, first being the meet and greet.

I'm looking for a shotgun to start clay shooting and maybe/possible double as a home defence gun for the wife.

I would like a Benelli M2 or M4 but the budget will not allow that now. So I came across the Hunt Group super x that's more in range but I'm not sure if they are any good?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Do not muck around with unknown brands.

Have a look at the Franchi Affinity. It's part of the same company that owns Beretta and Benelli.

It should come in at about half the price of a Benelli M2. It works with the same internal recoil system as the M2.

User

Currently about 5k left after the handgun that I bought and that's already pushing my luck with the wife. I did have a look on a gun site but there are also alot of unknown brands that fit the budget.
    There are a few mavericks and more known names but after ready some of the posts in the shotgun section these are the ones with problems.

Unpopular guns are unpopular for a reason.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

I'll be "that guy"...

buy another fighting handgun first if you can. With R5k left over you're well on you way to a Gen3 Glock.
    We're of course assuming you already spent some money on training and ammo and regular practice with the handgun you carry...

User

Rather buy a pump from a reputable brand. I bought a near new Mossberg Maverick 88 on this forum for less than 1/2 the retail price. Most of the parts are interchangeable with Mossberg 500's and spares are readily available.

User

Hunt Group is one of the funny names you can buy Turkish-made shotgun with. There are quite a few others.
    In general, the turk guns are not bad. Even CZ sell one under their own brand name, as do many other well known brands.

Generally, they are relatively cheap and work well. The problem only comes when you need parts. So far I have not seen any spare parts for any of these guns.

Judging by the numbers we see in gunshops and on the range, the tuks seem to be selling well. I have one, a Hatsan, and several of my shooting buddies also use a turk of some kind. There are some minor issues, but most of them seem to be fixable.

The problems will only be serious if you can't get it fixed. Keep that in mind.

If you get one of the R3k pump guns, and it breaks, well, at that price just get another. Donate or sell the old one to a shop or gunsmith to be used for parts.

User

I'm currently busy with competency and have further training already lined up.

User

pblaauw I've raid in the shotgun section about the 88 having some problems, but once again if parts are readily available it should not be to much of a problem I guess.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast