Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Hunt Group any good?

A-R, I have done some research and found the Turkish part as well, must say they have some interesting shotguns. I recon that I'll probably just wait and try to save and get the Benelli.

User

I have the Hunt Group VM15 semi auto shotgun.

Have put about 100 rounds downrange thus far with not a single problem.

Seems solid, but like mentioned above I suppose parts would be an issue.

Maybe I just don't shoot enough, but I haven't had a firearm break on me yet... so on that odds and at the price, it was a chance I was willing to take.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by ShirazA View Post
    I have the Hunt Group VM15 semi auto shotgun.

Have put about 100 rounds downrange thus far with not a single problem.
    What ammo / loads are you running? I saw someone have endless issues with one of these cheaper mag-fed shotties at the last 3 Gun match.

User

Quote Originally Posted by pblaauw View Post
    What ammo / loads are you running? I saw someone have endless issues with one of these cheaper mag-fed shotties at the last 3 Gun match.
    Mainly used used Fiocchi TT 28g 7.5

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

User

Thanks for the info ShirazA
    I had a closer look at it Saterday and it feels solid and and, so I decided to get another holster, cleaning kit and some earmuffs. The itch will have to wait a bit longer.

'I have a hunt group shotgun , bought it as I liked the look and feel , Does feel okay not bad at all, but for what use it for it does the job no problems with feeding or anything yet about 1200 round count and counting. I I’ll buy it again if asked .. not for competition but playing around and having fun.

I purchased a HG M13 - going 700+ rounds with no issue - Did a dove shoot couple of weekends ago and the M13 did extremely well. Very happy with my purchase.

Hi gents.

I know it's a whole year later since the last post on this thread.

In the past year i hope the hunt group owners had spent much time at the range. Now tell me, what's your thoughts on the hunt group shotguns currently? I see many companies have them in stock, this means that spare parts should be more available then before.

Overall what's the vibe with the Turkish shotties?

User

My thoughts are that a shotgun should fit you well and should feel balanced when you pick it up and aim. You shouldn't have to pick it up and then make an adjustment on the comb before you can line up the sights and shoot. This split second adjustment is often the difference between success and failure. If you are lucky enough to pick up a cheap shotgun and it lines up perfectly and feels balanced, then buy it, you are one of the lucky ones.

I went through that exercise and picked up a bunch of guns in various shops and friends guns, and found that none of the cheapies fitted and balanced nicely in the hand. Much to my horror (when I saw the price) the Barretta Silver pigeon felt like it was made for me, but was out of my budget. With that said, a lot of more expensive guns were no better than the cheapies with respect to their fit (for me). In the end I was fortunate to find a second hand Browning that bonded with me the moment it came out the owners safe and that was it.

So the long and the short of it, is buy a gun that fits you, as this will give the most satisfaction. A second hand gun that is well made Browning, Baretta, Miroku etc is always good value for money and will resell easily.

User

So a friend just got a hunt group Mh X, it shoots bird shot well but on AAA it dumps the contents of the mag tube on the floor.

Any ideas on a little trick to prevent this?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast