Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: SADPA Member Survey

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Sorry, Prashant, you weren't at the 2019 AGM. That was NOT what was decided there. It was NOT decided that DMG would become like IPSC. What was decided, in this connection, was that a task team was appointed to investigate changes and that this task team would be led by (amongst others) Lynette and Leon. Shortly thereafter Vivian convinced IDPA to act unlawfully against Lynette and I and Lynette was ignored by the SADPA Exco in an act of incredible treachery and cowardice because they were too scared to stand up to Vivian or his henchman Paul Kucera.

SADPA sowed the wind, now they reap the whirlwind.
    Oh come on now.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

As a SADPA member I am more than a bit fed up with the organisation. Lots of reasons from club level up to the SADPA and IDPA payments etc. I am investigating other options currently. Will take the time and go and do this survey, but I doubt if it will help at all. The powers that be in any case do as they please and screw up the idea of SADPA at club level to hone skills and learn and enjoy yourselves and the sport.

Have you seen the ridiculous times on classifiers? Myself dropped from Expert to Unclassified after this years new classifier shoot. Half of our club are now Unclassified. We are club shooters for petes sake. We are not shooting and practicing for bloody international events and not interested in that. A lot of us shoot as much we can as economy of ammo let us do that and also time constraints. The average member taking part in 5-8 club events per year is now getting excluded from any "decency".

User

The MPDS HG classifier is a farce.

It requires the shooter to fire weak hand only at 7 meters (rules say 6 meters max...)
    There are no cover lines (MPDS Rules require cover lines. How will cover be assessed? At the whim of the SO?)
    Shooter must move to the other side of drum AFTER kneeling (MPDS rules state kneeling or prone will be the LAST shooting position.)

It breaks 3 MPDS rules... But who gives a fuck. As long as we have our own made up version of IDPA the sponsorships from companies who would rather sponsor something home-grown vs an internationally recognised sport will come rolling in, right? Yeah right...

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    The MPDS HG classifier is a farce.

It requires the shooter to fire weak hand only at 7 meters (rules say 6 meters max...)
    There are no cover lines (MPDS Rules require cover lines. How will cover be assessed? At the whim of the SO?)
    Shooter must move to the other side of drum AFTER kneeling (MPDS rules state kneeling or prone will be the LAST shooting position.)

It breaks 3 MPDS rules... But who gives a fuck. As long as we have our own made up version of IDPA the sponsorships from companies who would rather sponsor something home-grown vs an internationally recognised sport will come rolling in, right? Yeah right...

Okay boys, instead of bitching all the time, catch a wake up and read. Updates and revisions have been made and in any event, who is stopping you from doing IDPA, nobody.

User

According to the SADPA Website contents nothing has been updated or revised. (Web site is or someone else is wrong)

Nothing is actually preventing me from spending my money at a club that hosts IDPA matches. I just cannot shoot IDPA at my local / home club anymore.

User

For interest sake, does anyone know the current number of SADPA registered members ?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nicf View Post
    For interest sake, does anyone know the current number of SADPA registered members ?
    At least one member less than last year. I decided not to renew.

The whole SADPA / IDPA thing and costs involved I could have handled. But I got tired of the petty politics. The final straw was the very public email regarding the Oxley's. I don't have enough info to make a judgement on the legitimacy of the claims against Paul and Lynette (according to Paul they aren't legitimate, and at this stage I have more reason to trust his word than SADPA exco), but the way it was handled was atrocious.

This year has been hectic so far, but I will continue with some of my other shooting disciplines while I search for an alternative handgun shooting sport in Joburg...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

User

Given what I have learned the past two months, I am going to say publically that everything (OK most of it) that got spread around about Paul, Lynette, and Tack-shack was a well planned and executed smear campaign. I have no reason to believe otherwise.

A similar smear campaign has been running against the IPOC and at least one club chairman if the rumours are anything to go by. The common denominator however is always?..... the EXCO. CNN has fuck-all on these guys.

User

Had a look on the SADPA website.

“active 1000 odd shooters in 26 active clubs shooting over 300 matches a year”

Is this statement still valid ?

User

Looking at the SADPA website Members Exports section, Members Classification list, you can see whose membership is paid up or lapsed. Counting the paid members up until member number 2000 comes to a total of 210 (could be plus or minus one or two).

This is not necessarily representative, but it is not obviously unrepresentative (eyeballing the rest of the list). I reckon about 6000 entries in the list (membership numbers became nonconsecutive after 5700 odd), so I extrapolate 600+ paid up members at the moment (and could increase somewhat, we’re at the start of a new year and some members usually are late payers in any club).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast