Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Default Re: SADPA Member Survey

Quote Originally Posted by PKSSCZ50 View Post
    Okay boys, instead of bitching all the time, catch a wake up and read. Updates and revisions have been made and in any event, who is stopping you from doing IDPA, nobody.
    What is the difference between "bitching" (like you call it) and sharing facts and opinion?

If you want to accuse others of "bitching" on a thread regarding a survey (you do know that a survey is a tool on getting peoples opinions?), then rather go do it on another thread that is about "bitching" and throw your unfound accusations around there. You have 0 understanding of the circumstances of others. If I need to enlighten you, without bitching ; SADPA club is 25 km from me. Next other club is 180 km.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    Have you seen the ridiculous times on classifiers? Myself dropped from Expert to Unclassified after this years new classifier shoot. Half of our club are now Unclassified. We are club shooters for petes sake. We are not shooting and practicing for bloody international events and not interested in that. A lot of us shoot as much we can as economy of ammo let us do that and also time constraints. The average member taking part in 5-8 club events per year is now getting excluded from any "decency".
    That will mainly be the case with a local sport which is still being developed, there is not enough data +-880 current paid SADPA members. Trying to get classifier times set needs a lot more input, such as individual shooters shooting the classifier over 3 different weekends to get average times. It doesn't help that it takes 10min to take shooter through the classifier.

The IDPA fees was not really in SADPA's control. Basically IDPA normalized South Africa with the rest of the world in terms of fees and operation.
    DMG, IDPA said to SADPA you can keep DMG just do not reference IDPA.

User

Quote Originally Posted by zs6hdv View Post
    Looking at the SADPA website Members Exports section, Members Classification list, you can see whose membership is paid up or lapsed. Counting the paid members up until member number 2000 comes to a total of 210 (could be plus or minus one or two).

This is not necessarily representative, but it is not obviously unrepresentative (eyeballing the rest of the list). I reckon about 6000 entries in the list (membership numbers became nonconsecutive after 5700 odd), so I extrapolate 600+ paid up members at the moment (and could increase somewhat, we’re at the start of a new year and some members usually are late payers in any club).
    and @ NicF
    So I put all the information from the SADPA website into excel and filtered out 0 (under membership lapsed). Currently we have 881 paid members.
    another thing to note is that most of these numbers only probably registered to maintain DSS etc. The actual amount of regular shooters at matches is far less.

@NicF nowhere close to 300 IDPA matches (currently only IDPA matches should be counted for DSS). There hasn't been a league since last year November I think.

Majority of the Shooters/Clubs just want to shoot so they take direction from the Main Body. 92/125 members voted on direction of SADPA indicate they would like to shoot an international sport so this is more than 10% of the current membership. classifiers and matches based on 60 000 odd shooters vs 881. SA(I)DPA =idpa south africa from inception and that is what I feel the core should remain everything else is on the side to boost membership. I want to shoot a match vetted internationally so that I know the standard is there.
    The main body is pushing for MPD, this is clearly seen in that SSNAT and NNATS (note circular 11 or 10 2019 indicated IDPA NNATS) were meant to be MPD HG, this is without a properly setup/tested classifier or SO's understanding the "new rules"

User

Quote Originally Posted by PKSSCZ50 View Post
    Okay boys, instead of bitching all the time, catch a wake up and read. Updates and revisions have been made and in any event, who is stopping you from doing IDPA, nobody.
    I have a little difficulty with this rather bold statement seeing that someone (speaking on behalf of the whole exco?) stated on more than one occasion (verbally and in writing) that they (the exco?) want to do away with IDPA and see no value in IDPA.

User

As a long time SADPA shooter who is not interested in peoples agendas, politics or bullshit, I have no idea what the Fark is going on but for the sake of the sport and the average shooter I hope people pack away their egos and sort the shit out.

User

Quote Originally Posted by singh17 View Post
    and @ NicF
    So I put all the information from the SADPA website into excel and filtered out 0 (under membership lapsed). Currently we have 881 paid members.
    another thing to note is that most of these numbers only probably registered to maintain DSS etc. The actual amount of regular shooters at matches is far less.

@NicF nowhere close to 300 IDPA matches (currently only IDPA matches should be counted for DSS). There hasn't been a league since last year November I think.

Majority of the Shooters/Clubs just want to shoot so they take direction from the Main Body. 92/125 members voted on direction of SADPA indicate they would like to shoot an international sport so this is more than 10% of the current membership. classifiers and matches based on 60 000 odd shooters vs 881. SA(I)DPA =idpa south africa from inception and that is what I feel the core should remain everything else is on the side to boost membership. I want to shoot a match vetted internationally so that I know the standard is there.
    The main body is pushing for MPD, this is clearly seen in that SSNAT and NNATS (note circular 11 or 10 2019 indicated IDPA NNATS) were meant to be MPD HG, this is without a properly setup/tested classifier or SO's understanding the "new rules"
    Thanks for the reply @singh17.

I don’t shoot IDPA, just interested to know the numbers.

Hopefully this gets sorted out & things get back to normal. What are the chances of that ?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nicf View Post
    Thanks for the reply @singh17.

I don’t shoot IDPA, just interested to know the numbers.

Hopefully this gets sorted out & things get back to normal. What are the chances of that ?
    IPDA (SA) is tiny compared to IPSC. I shot the IPSC league earlier at euffees when it rained and we only started at 10am, I was shocked at the number of people who turned up in the rain.
    if the current survey numbers are an accurate representation of the member base then it should get sorted at the next agm, with 86% of those participating in the survey willing to attend the AGM via electronic means.
    73% of the participants indicate that the want to shoot an internationally recognized sport under SADPA.
    Also "normal" is not going to happen, for many years SADPA had a special arrangement with IDPA that is over full stop. Pro's and con's, Pro Tier 2 and above are internationally vetted and your classifications etc are based on a 25 000 shooters instead of 881 con's its more expensive and more paper work for clubs. ( these are only a few)
    So for me the real question is the current data on the survey representative of the SADPA membership.

@rickdd57, I was much the same as you until I saw SADPA SSNATS in MPD HG rules and then obviously the announcement by MDC to move to MPD only. Out of curiosity have you shot the MPD classifier or an MPD match?
    my interest is for SADPA to ensure that IDPA high level matches are held, it is reason why I joined SADPA. SADPA being I(SA)DPA South Africa.
    Without member feedback, we do not know if MPD HG is going to work, before the COVID announcements MDP SNATS only had 47 registered shooters, last years SNATS had 77 and 2018 having over 100. Numbers are already dwindling and now we have MPD HG only shoots and IDPA shoots. There are many people interested in one or the other and very few keen on both.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4