Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: Lokdown & range use?

Ive been trying to find more info on the lockdown, but struggling.
    It seems that essential services, grocery stores and pharmacies will stay open.

I supply grocery items to shops.
    How would shops stay open if factories stop supplying them.
    How would i supply shops if my packaging and raw material suppliers close?

Anyone have any credible links to more info on what a lockdown would actually mean?

User

Quote Originally Posted by 414gates View Post
    My wife explained it to me.

By the way, my wife is never wrong, and for that reason I do everything she says I must do.

She said that this voluntary isolation of ours is not to avoid infection completely, it's to postpone it.

It's not a good idea to be infected when the infection curve peaks, because should you need medical attention, that medical attention will be busy elsewhere, and there will be a long waiting list for it.

The medical care system can only handle so many patients at a time. If you can postpone getting the virus till after the infection peak, access to necessary medical care is better, should you need it.
    This is correct, it's the origin of the "Flatten the Curve" phrase/movement. The total number of infections stays constant, it's the distribution of cases over time that is stretched to keep the number of cases at any time below the health care capacity.

There IS a case to be made to rather get the virus early, before the health system is overwhelmed...

By the way, my wife is never wrong, and for that reason I do everything she says I must do.

She said that this voluntary isolation of ours is not to avoid infection completely, it's to postpone it.

It's not a good idea to be infected when the infection curve peaks, because should you need medical attention, that medical attention will be busy elsewhere, and there will be a long waiting list for it.

The medical care system can only handle so many patients at a time. If you can postpone getting the virus till after the infection peak, access to necessary medical care is better, should you need it.
    This explains the whole flatten the curve idea quite well:

User

I have also today received a notification that Cecil Payne shooting range has been shut down with immediate effect.

I have also heard some rumours that all leave for SANDF personal has been cut and, further, that they are to make ready to deploy. It sounds like a full lock-down is coming (and soon)...

User

Durban Deep has been closed for a week or so? Can anyone confirm?

User

That does make sense actually.
    I go along with it- I just get cabin fever stuck at home.
    May be time to invest in a better TV and better WIFI.

time to get your reloading on. once flu is done will have plenty ammo to go at it.

User

Quote Originally Posted by zs6hdv View Post

There IS a case to be made to rather get the virus early, before the health system is overwhelmed...
    Although often after the peak they have figured out how best to treat it.

Another point against getting the virus early.

I suppose we are lucky in that it's pretty easy not to get infected with corona if you take precautions.

Durbanville Shooting Range also closed for now.

During Lockdown you can only be outside when going to Pharmacy or place of food. Anything else you will have issues. No places will be open either.

However we had meeting at work this morning. As customers has severely cut spending in retail. We will go on skeleton staff for next month or two. And have to make Salary cuts. Until all return to normal.

As in Retail and Building industry. You can pay salaries if there is no work coming in during this period.

User

Aha. Either I buy a better TV along with better WIFI- or I buy reloading equipment (which I don't have currently).

Quote Originally Posted by phant1m View Post
    time to get your reloading on. once flu is done will have plenty ammo to go at it.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast