Have a look what they found in Boerewors in RSA
    Water buffalo
    Kangaroo
    Goat

Even pork, which wasn't listed
    https://www.fin24.com/Economy/Superm...named-20130414

User

Default Re: Kangaroo meat sold as 'beef' in Lesotho

Am i the only one wondering where the hell Lesotho gets the Kangaroo from?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tman21 View Post
    Am i the only one wondering where the hell Lesotho gets the Kangaroo from?
    Probably someone sold them a ton of springhares advertised as "pygmy kangaroos".

I would be hopping mad!
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

User

Quote Originally Posted by camouflage762 View Post
    I would be hopping mad!
    I think you might be jumping to conclusions.

Banned

I ate much Kangaroo in Australia, I found it very nice meat, very much like Ostrich with a better texture.
    After meeting the resident roo's at a camp site that had become used to people, I stopped eating them.
    Kangaroos have the most endearing mannerisms and anthropomorphism manners, they are delightful to touch and seem to enjoy companionship.
    I also cancelled my Roo shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    I ate much Kangaroo in Australia, I found it very nice meat, very much like Ostrich with a better texture.
    After meeting the resident roo's at a camp site that had become used to people, I stopped eating them.
    Kangaroos have the most endearing mannerisms and anthropomorphism manners, they are delightful to touch and seem to enjoy companionship.
    I also cancelled my Roo shoot.
    I love kangaroo meat. When we first arrived here it was the first meat I bought. The uncooked smell put my wife off a bit, but once briefly cooked on the braai, she also loved it and still does.

It has to be in the top 5 best tasting game meat I have ever had. For me, no.1 is still Gemsbok neck and or Mountain Reedbuck.

Yes thay are cute loking food, but I have no problems with scratching & patting them, nor with shooting them. Treeman you must be getting soft

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nkosi View Post
    I love kangaroo meat. When we first arrived here it was the first meat I bought. The uncooked smell put my wife off a bit, but once briefly cooked on the braai, she also loved it and still does.

It has to be in the top 5 best tasting game meat I have ever had. For me, no.1 is still Gemsbok neck and or Mountain Reedbuck.

Yes thay are cute loking food, but I have no problems with scratching & patting them, nor with shooting them. Treeman you must be getting soft
    Yes, you are right about the soft part, my brother (who I was at in Aus) could not stop telling me this. I found the Roo to be far more heart winning than a dog and I have been sleeping beside dogs from birth, they buddies. The Roo though, wow they just fit into a slot, place you did not know needed filling, they really are something else.

Regarding the meat, as far as non domestic type meat goes, Eland, Ostrich and Roo would be my top 3 and they would change position as per what I really felt like that day. The thing is that I feel each one to be in own category and just like we do not have fish in this comparison, but we enjoy it, I feel Roo and ostrich are actually each in own category.
    Roo meat is really nice very! I wonder if the Red - Grey and Wallaby are notably different tasting.

My soft spot for game, ie, that I find difficult to shoot, are Impala females. For some reason to me they even look like pretty young women/girls. I can still shoot them, but reluctantly.

Oh, and dogs, I could never shoot a dog unless I had to to save a life if it was attacking somebody or somebody's animal. I have been offered the chance to shoot feral dogs over here but I would not be able to do it so I declined.

To me if there had to be only one animal species on earth, it would have to be dogs.
    Last edited by nkosi; 29-03-2020 at 15:13. Reason: Grammar

User

Quote Originally Posted by nkosi View Post
    My soft spot for game, ie, that I find difficult to shoot, are Impala females. For some reason to me they even look like pretty young women/girls..
    Jis boet, you've been in Ozland for too long

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast