Question Mauser 7x57 Custom built Bloemfontein (Gerrie Coetzee) K98 action.

What will be a good price for this rifle? Ball park figure will also help. Monetary value?

User

Default Re: Mauser 7x57 Custom built Bloemfontein (Gerrie Coetzee) K98 action.

Custom rifles is a bit like engagement rings, very special for the person that had it made, but just another rifle for the next buyer.
    If its not with an octagonal barrel or spectaculair wood stock, be ready to sell in this economic situation for a great loss when you sell it.
    Ask Gerrie if he can not sell for you, might get more that way possibly?

Banned

You will likely get the price of an over the counter new rifle. The buyer will likely (unless he is a collector of sorts) google 7x57 come up with Winchester, Howa and Ruger everyday over the counter production offerings and note their prices. R11000 to say R17000, the buyer will then likely find a price based on how much he values the Mauser action and type of barrel. If he has heard of the G/smith it may get you closer to the upper figure.
    If I was buying I would research the G/smith and unless he has a national fame, disregard the custom factor. The Mauser action would attract me, but which Mauser action? The barrel make and twist will be final price influence fact. The stocks appeal to me will be the deciding factor for me on negotiating that price. (A ugly stock and I am barely interested at above bargain value)

After talking to a gunsmith you standing in front of on the phone to ascertain there is blatant rifle flaw/fault I would likely offer R13000, a photo would really help.
    Many a stock (If attached to something good) will make me offer a grand or two more.
    …………………………PHOTO.

User

Second Hand value is determined by how determined the buyer is to possess the rifle..that is all...only a new rifle has a price tag attached to it....