Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: AR Platform Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie1980 View Post
    Thaks A-R..... I got as a gift a Sig M400 Elite and will have to use it so will start looking into various competitions that allows for that rifle
    Nice gift, someone must love you.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Nice gift, someone must love you.
    SoldierMan .... or just appreciated!!

It has a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8x24, will that be good for competitive shooting?

User

Ok this post is almost a year old, but I also want to get into this.

I am a current IPSC pistol shooter, and want to get an AR for rifle.

What clubs offer this? Shoot IPSC from SBSC but obviously we don't have rifle.

I al also in Kempton Park....

Not sure what to get yet, gun wise. Budget is not the greatest, but currently looking at the SIG M400 Tread

User

Golden city hosts rifle matches. I would check with the Match organizer when they have the next one. PM me your details and I’ll put you in contact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by ZK1 View Post

Not sure what to get yet, gun wise. Budget is not the greatest, but currently looking at the SIG M400 Tread
    Get a PCC.

User

Quote Originally Posted by ZK1 View Post

Premier is hosting the next NGPSA rifle match on the 24th of April. That is about the longest rifle match we can host in Gauteng with a 200m stage, 3 x 100m stages and about 4 or 5 shorter ones that range between 50 and 80m.

We are working towards the Rifle National in Pietersburg in May which is always a great outing and match.

Best start gun-wise is something like a Stag Arms 3G or Double Star 3Gun. Chat to Demis at Spartan and Gerrit-Jan at Hailstorm on the best options available currently. Get a rifle with a 18 or 20” barrel with a Rifle Length Gas system. The rest you can change as you go along.

I guess everyone has their own preference when it comes to favourite discipline. For me, handgun matches are nice. Some days I would rather skip a handgun match for something else like working around the house or so. That is never the case with rifle or shotgun! I moved my wedding to shoot a Rifle National.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    Get a PCC.
    I want to disagree with this, but the sad reality is that you will get more use out of a PCC.

There aren't many Rifle Matches going on (which in itself is sad... cause we all want these AR's but when it comes to shooting them almost no one attends matches because xxxxxxxx amount of reasons, which in turn means less matches).

On one hand I want to say get a Rifle, because damnit we need more rifle matches, and the more PCC's in the mix the less inclined people will generally be to shoot rifle.

From a less selfish point a PCC would get you more trigger time just for the simple fact of way more matches being around, except while it is trigger time generally speaking a PCC in a Handgun match isn't as challenging as a Rifle in a Rifle Match.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    I want to disagree with this, but the sad reality is that you will get more use out of a PCC.

There aren't many Rifle Matches going on (which in itself is sad... cause we all want these AR's but when it comes to shooting them almost no one attends matches because xxxxxxxx amount of reasons, which in turn means less matches).

On one hand I want to say get a Rifle, because damnit we need more rifle matches, and the more PCC's in the mix the less inclined people will generally be to shoot rifle.

From a less selfish point a PCC would get you more trigger time just for the simple fact of way more matches being around, except while it is trigger time generally speaking a PCC in a Handgun match isn't as challenging as a Rifle in a Rifle Match.
    What irks me most is the time and effort to reload 223. At the previous rifle match at Golden City we had 1 guy in our squad with a pcc and he could do everything that was needed in that match. I decided to shoot that match with my Mini14 iron sights and was that a lot of fun. My personal opinion is that there are very few ranges in SA, that can host a "real" rifle match and those matches takes a lot of time to complete.
    As for trigger time, with a pcc you can shoot most rifle and hg matches BUT a pcc is not a "real" rifle fun part.

User

I hear you guys, and a 9MM PCC is on the cards.....

I don't really have the budget to get the sporting type guns, so will go have a look at a SIG M400 Tread today to get as much info before I make the decision as possible.

I shoot all our IPSC club matches at the moment and I am currently second in our club championship, so I really enjoy handguns. I shoot a dead standard G19 and beat most of the Shadow shooters, so I believe that it will take a very long time before I can outshoot the equipment.

But yes, maybe PCC is the way to go if one want a lot of range time.

User

But then it would be really nice to have a real AR type................haha.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast