Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Which WML on your AR?

What lights are you guys running on your rifles?

Why did you choose that light?

I have been looking, and at the moment I am not able to find many options in stock or in budget (R3000.00)

Looking for some insight please.

Thanks

User

Default Re: Which WML on your AR?

I have a Nitecor SRT6 Night Officer torch (930 lm) on my AR and have been running this for a few years (and using this torch on all of my hunting and other trips to the bush over the last 3-4 years). That said, I think that this model has been superseded and the equivalent of this would probably be the MH10 (1,000 lm torch). See link: https://nitecoresa.co.za/home/mh10/

I have found these torches to be incredible well-made, durable and bright. Plus there is good customer service and backup from the local agent (who is based in Pretoria)... bonus!!

Have it attached to the AR with a Nitecor GM02 mount which fits onto the picatinny rail.

I have no affiliation with the folk from Nitecor but have found these options to work very well on the AR. In addition, I see that the MH10 torch is currently on sale (just over R1,000) and the mount will set you back about R350... well worthwhile and will fit perfectly under your budget.

User

I use a Surefire 6P with a custom drop-in and a pressure switch on my AR.

I am running WML and a WMLc on my AR and my Evo respectively. Both are Insight think the compact was like R2600 and think the full size was a bit more. I like the design and it lends itself well to blending my grip on the fore end. They use picatinny rail clip-on for mounting.
    I am running a magpul 90 degree vertical foregrip on the AR and a 45 degree magpul forend grip onnthe Evo. Both work well with the light. Both lights are positioned onnthe front left of the foregrip. The At has a quad picatinny rail and the Evo is set up for quad on the STD forend Sony ate good to go. If left handed then you just swop sides

User

Currently running the Olight Valkery PL-2, as I wanted a small compact light with decent lumens and it has ambidextrous controls.

Have an old Nitecore P25 that is on my shottie, but was just to big for what I wanted.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I'm using the Olight M2R warrior with pressure switch,works well although i haven't really tested it at distance.

User

I'm using an Olight M2T warrior, which has 1200 lumens and 195m throw. With the torch, mount, pressure switch and rechargeable 18650 battery (ships with 2x non rechargeable CR123A batteries) it came to approx R1800.

The issue I found for most WML's was the lack of options for mounting of the pressure pad itself. Also you need to ensure that whatever light you're going to use is spec'ed to work on a rifle and handle recoil!

User

Default Which WML on your AR?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn881 View Post
    I'm using an Olight M2T warrior, which has 1200 lumens and 195m throw. With the torch, mount, pressure switch and rechargeable 18650 battery (ships with 2x non rechargeable CR123A batteries) it came to approx R1800.

The issue I found for most WML's was the lack of options for mounting of the pressure pad itself. Also you need to ensure that whatever light you're going to use is spec'ed to work on a rifle and handle recoil!
    Agree 100% with Bjorn. This was one of the main reasons why Inwent with the Nitecor SRT6. This light can handle rifle and shotgun recoil, so make sure if this factor before buying your light!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tayls View Post
    I have a Nitecor SRT6 Night Officer torch (930 lm) on my AR and have been running this for a few years (and using this torch on all of my hunting and other trips to the bush over the last 3-4 years). That said, I think that this model has been superseded and the equivalent of this would probably be the MH10 (1,000 lm torch). See link: https://nitecoresa.co.za/home/mh10/

I have found these torches to be incredible well-made, durable and bright. Plus there is good customer service and backup from the local agent (who is based in Pretoria)... bonus!!

Have it attached to the AR with a Nitecor GM02 mount which fits onto the picatinny rail.

I have no affiliation with the folk from Nitecor but have found these options to work very well on the AR. In addition, I see that the MH10 torch is currently on sale (just over R1,000) and the mount will set you back about R350... well worthwhile and will fit perfectly under your budget.
    Thanks, I have spoken to the folk at Nitecore and they suggested the following " I would recommend only one light and that is the MH27UV as it is the only one with build in springs for rifle recoil absorption. It is tougher than the other Torches and used by all anti poaching unit ls we supply. It is also waterproof."

The MH27UV looks like a great torch, but it may be too much torch. It is quite big and has many more functions than I need, UV/Red/Blue LED's. I wont be checking for counterfeit currency at Spar using my AR

Further, I would like to use a pressure pad, and the pressure pad is expressly not recommended with this torch.

Are the O-lights mentioned rated for recoil? (M2T / M2R)

User

I went with the O-Light M2T since its on special and has some good reviews.

Now to get it mounted on my MOE hand-guard

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast