Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Which WML on your AR?

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeOfWar View Post
    I went with the O-Light M2T since its on special and has some good reviews.

Now to get it mounted on my MOE hand-guard
    Hi Knife Of War....Check out O-Light they have a picatinny mount for the M2R an M2T....Im running it currently and handles recoil without ay issues.
    Works for me...Jut my 2c

User

Are the O-lights mentioned rated for recoil? (M2T / M2R)
    They are, I verified this with the importer, also with reliable brands if they make pressure pads and mounts for the specific model they're most likely designed to be mounted on rifles. A good way to distinguish, is to handle recoil the flashlight has to have springs on both sides of the battery, not just one side which is standard on most torches.

User

Quote Originally Posted by P1LGR1M View Post
    Currently running the Olight Valkery PL-2, as I wanted a small compact light with decent lumens and it has ambidextrous controls.

Have an old Nitecore P25 that is on my shottie, but was just to big for what I wanted.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    What batteries do you use with this light? Leading up to my next question do you use CR123's or have you tried a rechargeable LI-Ion 18650? From what I can gather RCR123's are a bad call...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Brakenjan View Post
    What batteries do you use with this light? Leading up to my next question do you use CR123's or have you tried a rechargeable LI-Ion 18650? From what I can gather RCR123's are a bad call...
    Using plain old Energizer CR123's. In the past I've only had bad luck with the RCR123 batteries, so avoiding them as far as possible.

User

Quote Originally Posted by P1LGR1M View Post
    Using plain old Energizer CR123's. In the past I've only had bad luck with the RCR123 batteries, so avoiding them as far as possible.

That's what I've gathered from the forums. The single 18650 replaces the two rechargeable RCR123's and will theoretically work much better...my question is just around if it practically fits and whether the performance is similar to 2 x CR123's. At a cost of R85 plus for a single CR123 vs R395 for a rechargeable 18650 with a 500 cycle life it might be worth looking into...

Quote Originally Posted by Brakenjan View Post
    That's what I've gathered from the forums. The single 18650 replaces the two rechargeable RCR123's and will theoretically work much better...my question is just around if it practically fits and whether the performance is similar to 2 x CR123's. At a cost of R85 plus for a single CR123 vs R395 for a rechargeable 18650 with a 500 cycle life it might be worth looking into...
    Except that that particular light needs 2 CR123s side by side. The 18650 is not always a direct replacement for CR123s in a linear layout either.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    Except that that particular light needs 2 CR123s side by side. The 18650 is not always a direct replacement for CR123s in a linear layout either.
    Ahhh ok that little detail changes everything. This pushes my thinking wider than the Olight PL-2 and PL-Pro.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn881 View Post
    I'm using an Olight M2T warrior, which has 1200 lumens and 195m throw. With the torch, mount, pressure switch and rechargeable 18650 battery (ships with 2x non rechargeable CR123A batteries) it came to approx R1800.

The issue I found for most WML's was the lack of options for mounting of the pressure pad itself. Also you need to ensure that whatever light you're going to use is spec'ed to work on a rifle and handle recoil!
    Same here. Shitty mounting options and the thought that the light will fail (has not yet, both of my M2T warriors). Wish I bought a Surefire scout m600 with a arisaka before the shitshow.

User

Where you find Arisaka locally?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    Same here. Shitty mounting options and the thought that the light will fail (has not yet, both of my M2T warriors). Wish I bought a Surefire scout m600 with a arisaka before the shitshow.

User

Where you find Arisaka locally?
    You wouldn't. It would need to be a special import.

Speaking of such things, I was also busy prepping for a similar setup, but rather with a Reptilia Corp body and Modlite head. We will see where the pricing stands when this is all done as to if that route is still viable.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast