Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned

Default A child's perception of God and how it works

Cody found a Dove, its leg had been broken and the whole femur was outside body, joint and all. The old bone outside body had turned black and like stone, the lower leg bone had the fused back onto the part of the femur that remain inside skin. A horrible maiming that upset me to see.
    The injury has healed completely and appears to be of no further threat other than that it causes sitting perching and walking issues. Walking issues = feeding issues. Cody knows of this bird and has been watching it battle for about all of this year.
    The bird landed in front of Cody on Sunday and allowed him to pick it up, he asked my advice and I said it was weak from not being able to feed with ease, he confirmed it was very bony. So it was slowly eating itself away since injury.
    He put it in his hospitable cage and it gets better by the day, food and water put at its mouth. This morning it moved from shade into early son.
    The bird allows Cody all privileges.
    He was firing questions at me earlier about the bird, and one of the questions led to me answering "I dunno my boy, but if there is a God I am sure going to ask why he allowed the little things to suffer so, the most innocent"

Reason for post share:
    "no Dad, nature rules the earth dad and God rules heaven and people - they just advise each other on things"
    "Ok my boy, then why does nature allow this to happen?" - His reply "because for nature this is just a scratch Dad"
    From a child with zero biblical teachings.

I will think about this for a while.

(this is not a post on religion, keep it that way - just a understanding of how it all works according to a 12 year old)

User

Default Re: A child's perception of God and how it works

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    (this is not a post on religion, keep it that way
    So what are we supposed to discuss then in a post titled "A child's perception of God and how it works" ? ...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    So what are we supposed to discuss then in a post titled "A child's perception of God and how it works" ? ...
    You do not have to discuss anything Nyt Ryda.

User

Uhmm, okay. Enjoy your ramblings.

User

Thanks for sharing this treeman.

I agree it doesn't have to be a religious discussion, merely how you get different perceptions from kids and adults alike.
    The kids tend to just be a bit more truthful and without bias.

Would be interesting to know he he came to this view. What did he see, hear, read, watch etc.

Here's the thing: That is not how forums work. You don't get to just blurt out whatever crosses your mind on here and then dictate what people can and cannot say about it or discuss.

If you want to do that I suggest that you start a blog and disable the comments.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Banned

The mind of a child is fascinating. Their innocent perception of things, and the way their thoughts develop can be both invigorating as well as humbling.

My son has a memory to make an elephant envious. He remembers everything I explain, especially on technical and biological stuff, and always starts with "But on that day you said ... : when things seem contradicting.

User

Kids up until about 7 cannot distinguish very well between fact and fantasy. That's usually the age most kids figure out Santa and the Easter bunny are just cute stories. If kinds were only taught religion after the age of 7, we might have a very different world

User

Quote Originally Posted by prepare2win View Post
    Kids up until about 7 cannot distinguish very well between fact and fantasy. That's usually the age most kids figure out Santa and the Easter bunny are just cute stories. If kinds were only taught religion after the age of 7, we might have a very different world
    What direction do you think it would go if we put the age onto religious teachings? It's an interesting idea.Schools still punt religion so some kids will, by default, be in this position.

Quote Originally Posted by prepare2win View Post
    Kids up until about 7 cannot distinguish very well between fact and fantasy.
    Some adults too.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast