Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: A child's perception of God and how it works

I think a child is often brutal in the period establishing himself. Over time they start to learn sympathy and empathy, as (and because) they themselves get hurt. A child exposed to the continuous cycle of life and death, such as on a farm / in the outdoors, is given the best education possible in that regard. A broken dove is perhaps a small thing, but can teach a very big thing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AJR View Post
    I think a child is often brutal in the period establishing himself. Over time they start to learn sympathy and empathy, as (and because) they themselves get hurt. A child exposed to the continuous cycle of life and death, such as on a farm / in the outdoors, is given the best education possible in that regard. A broken dove is perhaps a small thing, but can teach a very big thing.
    Yes this is true, he raises baby birds and has established a name already as a "take it to Cody" person. The success rate on the baby/injured birds is 50/50 at the best. So yes he becomes attached, names and then loses treasure often.
    All birds are named by their Latin name, quiet impressive hearing him rattle off the Latin names.

My interest in this matter is more to the fact that he sees nature as an entity, an active sentient entity that exercises some existence. He said “to nature this is just a scratch", to me that was like a "wow!", did he just say that compared to what we doing to the planet a hurt bird is just a scratch? That means he is seeing everything as a part of it all?

I guess I am looking for a answer to a question which I have not yet fully formulated, perhaps I must first understand the question.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    I guess I am looking for a answer to a question which I have not yet fully formulated, perhaps I must first understand the question.
    Are you trying to connect the dots between the different spheres of life, i.e the connection between visible/invisible, the bridge between time and timeless, basically that the human being is aware of things he cannot see or grasp, but still it is there?

User

Kierkegaard (basically) asked : "Who am I? Where am I? Why was I not consulted?!"

Banned

He put the dove down today, took a turn for the worst. Pellet behind head, a first for to do.
    I could see he felt rather adult about it all, but the lower lip gave him away. No tears this time though, bird was not named and no bond yet.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3