Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Best optic???

User

Default Best optic???

HI, I am getting into long range shooting up to 1200m and am looking for a decent budget range optic and rangefinder. I will be interested in a Burris Eliminator as it has both. I prefer first focal and Milrad but is not a must, i know the older good scopes are MOA. I will be placing it on a Ruger Precision 6.5 Creedmore. Please advise or contact me if you have one available as i have some cash available. I am in the Durbanville area.

Default Re: Best optic???

For a minute I though your were setting up your bar at home.
    One too many wasted sunsets and one too many for the road .........

User

Lol thats not a bad idea at this time pity I would not be able to stock it.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pawin View Post
    HI, I am getting into long range shooting up to 1200m and am looking for a decent budget range optic and rangefinder. I will be interested in a Burris Eliminator as it has both. I prefer first focal and Milrad but is not a must, i know the older good scopes are MOA. I will be placing it on a Ruger Precision 6.5 Creedmore. Please advise or contact me if you have one available as i have some cash available. I am in the Durbanville area.
    See what the top guys are using and get equipment based on the features they deem essential.

I have limited LRP experience and I couldn’t think of a worse LRP scope than an Eliminator. Do you know how a LRP match works? Does an Eliminator even conform to the rules?

You’ll never get the best out of that rifle if you skimp on optics. In that case, you’ll be better off with a Howa and a quality scope.

Buying the wrong scope before buying the right one is a lot more expensive than buying the right one first time.

I reiterate, look at the equipment the top competitors are using. You’ll be taking a big shortcut.

Even if you aren’t planning on competition and just want to plink, take the free lessons on offer.

Banned

Scopes with input from Matt Dubber, a local lad from EC.

User

Quote Originally Posted by driepootx View Post
    Scopes with input from Matt Dubber, a local lad from EC.
    I used to follow him, but one or two videos grated the shit out of me, now I don't bother watching his content anymore.

Banned

Have a look at the video. Matt does not appear in this video. Just wanted to show the quality of the telescope build.

User

Have a look at the Bushnell Forge, Bushnell Match Pro and Vortex Diamondback Tactical to name but a few.

User

I don't do long range shooting, but you can also check out some videos on YouTube from the channel, Impact Shooting. I understand that the shooter is a SA guy (based in the WC) and he does seem to do quite a bit of LR shooting and posts a number of videos about it and his equipment.

See link: https://www.youtube.com/user/PieterMalan45

PS. I also think that he is on GS with a forum name of PietSkiet (or similar)...

Burris XTR ii 5 to 25 is one of the finest scopes I have ever owned - for the price. You should pay around 20k for it and its quality and performance is better than many scopes which cost vastly more. Rather get a separate scope and rangefinder,.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast