my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default Inside Quadro and Pango

Thirty years ago today at the TRC.

Beaver County Times, August 25, 1990
    Mandela admits that ANC cadres that disagreed with policies were tortured/ eliminated.

Also an excellent read ( long)
    https://www.marxists.org/history/eto...on/quadro.html will
    Last edited by KK20; 14-04-2020 at 12:51.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Default Re: Inside Quadro and Pango

Thank you, interesting historical piece!

User

'“UNFINISHED BUSINESS” is the quest by anti-Apartheid struggle stalwart Joe Seramane to uncover the truth about the circumstances surrounding his younger brother Timothy’s execution by the ANC-in-exile at their Quattro Detention Camp in Angola;
    and in the process, to find Timothy’s remains and bring them back home for dignified burial alongside his parent’s graves at Bekkersdal.
    Inspired by his older brother Joe’s commitment to the struggle against apartheid, Timothy Seramane left home one night and crossed the South Africa / Botswana border to go into exile. Not wishing to implicate his family, Timothy left without saying goodbye - his burning passion, to join MK – get military training – and return to liberate South Africa from the Apartheid regime.
    From the little news that the family received over the next few years from sources in exile, by all accounts Timothy acquited himself well & became a “rising star” in MK - rising through the ranks to become Commander of Pango Camp in Angola.
    Their anguish consoled by the knowledge that their youngest son was doing the family proud in exile, the Seramane family lived for the day when Timothy would return from exile to be re-united with the family.
    In 1990 when exiles began returning home to South Africa, their spirits high with anticipation, the Seramane family waited in vain.
    Timothy did not return & seemingly no one in the liberation movement had any insight into where he was or why he had not returned.
    It was only when Gordon Moshoeu arrived on the Seramane doorstep months later that the terrible truth was revealed.
    Gordon – a former inmate of Quattro Camp, the ANC detention centre in Angola – brought the devestating news that Timothy, together with Gordon’s brother Paki – was one of a group of twelve inmates that were executed by ANC firing-squad at Quattro Camp in 1981.
    Devestated by the news and further outraged by the fact that none of his comrades had had the decency to inform the Seramane family & explain the circumstances surrounding Timothy’s death, Joe sets out on his quest to find the truth and to find Timothy’s remains and bring them back for burial and spiritual closure in South Africa.
    It is a journey that takes Joe to the TRC, Namibia & Angola, Robben Island – an intimate counselling session with his mentor Archbishop Desmond Tutu – and finally face to face with the man who ordered Timothy’s execution – Political Commissar-in-exile – General Andrew Masondo.'

Thank you avislog.

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    Thirty years ago today at the TRC.

Beaver County Times, August 25, 1990
    Mandela admits that ANC cadres that disagreed with policies were tortured/ eliminated.

Also an excellent read ( long)
    https://www.marxists.org/history/eto...on/quadro.html will
    Hmmm, the history of SA we don't hear about.

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Hmmm, the history of SA we don't hear about.
    My history lecturer once told me that if one takes ones head out of ones ass the world will be revealed.

User

I had goosebumps reading this .

User

My history lecturer once told me that if one takes ones head out of ones ass the world will be revealed.
    Sadly very few ever do...

Thank you for the information KK20. Excellent.

Seems to me the all politicians are basically greedy unfeeling criminals at heart and get the worst criminal animals to enforce on the people their dreams and never loose a nights sleep.

M2C

ANC corruption did not start when they came into power in RSA. While they were in the various countries with offices acting like the government in exile and embassies, they had received money from the host country as well as from many other sources. The person in charge of these offices used these funds like it was their own personal piggy bank and kept no records and were not really answerable to anyone.
    Today we suffer as a nation due to this attitude being imported in a copy and paste manner. They even coined a term iirc, "Struggle accounting" or some shit like that. To get rid of opponents within the structures , it was convenient to accuse people of being collaborators and spies etc and let the mob do the rest.