Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: What's the best product for neutarlising corrosive ammo residue

Well according to this video it is steel cased with a copper wash (thought is was brass) and non-corrosive. If that is the case I will keep on buying it, but some people have said that what was labeled non-corrosive was in fact corrosive so I guess you just need to clean often.

https://gunstreamer.com/watch/chines...Pb5ry5tj5.html

User

I have Norinco ammo in 7.62 x 39 and 5.56.

Their AK stuff is mostly steel. The 5.56 is copper jackets and lead core. I just checked mine with a magnet.

Even if the Norinco 5.56 is a little smelly it cleans up just like any other ammo. Unless you go through crates of the stuff you will get your gun clean with just oil and patches (At least clean enough to not have worries about corrosion)

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    I have Norinco ammo in 7.62 x 39 and 5.56.

Their AK stuff is mostly steel. The 5.56 is copper jackets and lead core. I just checked mine with a magnet.

Even if the Norinco 5.56 is a little smelly it cleans up just like any other ammo. Unless you go through crates of the stuff you will get your gun clean with just oil and patches (At least clean enough to not have worries about corrosion)
    Yeah mine is 7.62x51 with the same copper jacket and lead core. Just checked with a magnet and it is indeed steel.
    Yip regular cleaning seems like the safest route. Ballistol neutralizes any corrosive residue so will just keep on using that. I might have found some other surplus ammo, only a little more expensive, so will give that a go and see how it is fairs and how old it is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2