Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Browning Hi Power for EDC ?

While a decent single action trigger is much easier to learn, the DA Glock trigger can give the same accuracy under relaxed conditions, with some proper training.

Under the stress of a life-and-death fight, the heavier DA trigger is vastly superior.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Wells View Post
    If you Google it you will find the solution is to grind convex ) out of the back of the hammer I found a great design and got my GS to do it . Voila, nor more bite. See at https://cylinder-slide.com/Item/CS0197
    Hi. Thanks.

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

User

I own a BHP, and a G19, comparing the weight and size of the two, not a chance I would carry the BHP for EDC.

Been carrying mine about 10 years give or take.

Shoots fantastic. Excellent grip (with an aftermarket Pachmyer grip not the wooden ones) and good sights. Feel like I can shoot it blindfolded.

Recently decided to go smaller for my EDC and bought a Taurus PT111. While at it I also got a CZ P10C for sport shooting. Currently leaning towards giving the Taurus to my wife and moving the P10c to SD. Might keep the HP for sentimental purposes as it truely is a fantastic handgun.

Modern guns have size, weight, capacity, sights etc in their favour. If you have no choice EDC it. I use a CKCS OWB holster and its great. Pokes you in the fat now and then but thats ok. You get use to it.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Rooi_Willie View Post
    Been carrying mine about 10 years give or take.

Shoots fantastic. Excellent grip (with an aftermarket Pachmyer grip not the wooden ones) and good sights. Feel like I can shoot it blindfolded.

Recently decided to go smaller for my EDC and bought a Taurus PT111. While at it I also got a CZ P10C for sport shooting. Currently leaning towards giving the Taurus to my wife and moving the P10c to SD. Might keep the HP for sentimental purposes as it truely is a fantastic handgun.

Modern guns have size, weight, capacity, sights etc in their favour. If you have no choice EDC it. I use a CKCS OWB holster and its great. Pokes you in the fat now and then but thats ok. You get use to it.
    You don't need to move the CZ to your SD gun. You can lawfully carrying ay gun for any lawful purpose including SD.

I commend your choice of guns except for the Taurus :)

Sent from my LM-K410 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by batman69 View Post
    You don't need to move the CZ to your SD gun. You can lawfully carrying ay gun for any lawful purpose including SD.

I commend your choice of guns except for the Taurus :)

Sent from my LM-K410 using Tapatalk
    Lol. Everyone hates taurus but it's really a nice firearm. I really like it. Only issue for me is that's its actually so small I can't get hold of the grip when it's holstered and need to pull it out with two fingers and then grip it.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kev123 View Post
    I own a BHP, and a G19, comparing the weight and size of the two, not a chance I would carry the BHP for EDC.
    I carried a BHP for many years, it is a legendary pistol and I'll always be thankful for it. As with all things, technology and development fine-tunes things to be more practical. I'd still have no problem, and be 100% confident and comfortable carrying my BHP.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    I carried a BHP for many years, it is a legendary pistol and I'll always be thankful for it. As with all things, technology and development fine-tunes things to be more practical. I'd still have no problem, and be 100% confident and comfortable carrying my BHP.
    Don't get me wrong, I love my BHP shoots great and looks beautiful and has a lot of sentimental value. For me, it's purely about the weight and size. I'm a "small guy" and its just too big and heavy to conceal nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev123 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love my BHP shoots great and looks beautiful and has a lot of sentimental value. For me, it's purely about the weight and size. I'm a "small guy" and its just too big and heavy to conceal nicely.
    👍🏻

User

Quote Originally Posted by Rooi_Willie View Post
    Lol. Everyone hates taurus but it's really a nice firearm. I really like it. Only issue for me is that's its actually so small I can't get hold of the grip when it's holstered and need to pull it out with two fingers and then grip it.
    You seem to neglect the fact that the plastic-framed Tauruses have a proven reputation for parts failures and the current local agents can't be bothered to supply any spare parts.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast