Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: How many firearms can you own if you do not have dedicated status?

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    You will think its a waste, right up until you need to use your self defence gun to save your life and lose it to ballistics for a year or more.

Then you will trade your .223 bolt gun for a R500 Rossi .38.
    LOL Yeah I hear you, still leaning towards the 223, but let's say I go for another pistol, what would be the right one to aim for given that my current one is a Glock 19 Gen 4.

Bearing in mind that I don't sport shoot, well technically I do, but it's just not with any association I just shoot on a friends farm.

Would I even be able to motivate for a Glock 17 Gen 5 for hunting or would it HAVE to be for sport shooting?
    The G17 is larger, more capacity, barrel length won't make much difference I don't think. What would a good motivation be. Could I motivate as a hunting backup in case a hunt goes wrong (warthog, pig, etc.) and don;t want my SD gun to get dirty/abused?

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    LOL Yeah I hear you, still leaning towards the 223, but let's say I go for another pistol, what would be the right one to aim for given that my current one is a Glock 19 Gen 4.

Bearing in mind that I don't sport shoot, well technically I do, but it's just not with any association I just shoot on a friends farm.

Would I even be able to motivate for a Glock 17 Gen 5 for hunting or would it HAVE to be for sport shooting?
    The G17 is larger, more capacity, barrel length won't make much difference I don't think. What would a good motivation be. Could I motivate as a hunting backup in case a hunt goes wrong (warthog, pig, etc.) and don;t want my SD gun to get dirty/abused?
    Your SD gun is a tool, if it doesn’t get fucked up you doing everything wrong.

Get a G17, DSS. Same platform etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User

Very much doubt you will get a G17 on Occasional Hunting.
    I may be wrong though.

User

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    In short.

1. You can apply for a section 15 handgun at anytime so long as you have Handgun Comp.
    As in straight forward application, no need for any credentials as yet and I dont need to show targets or anything as yet? (Im already a Natshoot member)

2. You will need to be a member of an accredited association and hold and keep up DSS status. IE you have to show a need/motivate for each handgun.
    Seems very easy. Once I actually have my FA's im allowed to move around with you can get away with 2 clubshoots and 250 rounds spread across 5 trips to the range and I have read somewhere that reloading counts as an activity ?

Thanks

Your SD gun is a tool, if it doesn’t get fucked up you doing everything wrong.
    What I mean is I don't want dirt getting in all the nooks and crannies, I want it to be able to do it's job 24/7, protect my and my families life, without having to do a full cleaning job. Want the G19 available 24/7 while the G17 can have a day off, unless it becomes my EDC of course.

Get a G17, DSS. Same platform etc.

You mean I should go for a dedicated sport shooter status, because that's exactly what I don't want to do. I just won't be able to keep the status. Besides that if I do I will end up getting a SLR... so dreams aside would I be able to motivate for a second Glock or would it be revolver only?

User

Default How many firearms can you own if you do not have dedicated status?

What I mean is I don't want dirt getting in all the nooks and crannies, I want it to be able to do it's job 24/7, protect my and my families life, without having to do a full cleaning job. Want the G19 available 24/7 while the G17 can have a day off, unless it becomes my EDC of course.

You mean I should go for a dedicated sport shooter status, because that's exactly what I don't want to do. I just won't be able to keep the status. Besides that if I do I will end up getting a SLR... so dreams aside would I be able to motivate for a second Glock or would it be revolver only?
    You can have any handgun under S15, just motivate it correctly. A G17 most definitely.

You can have any handgun under S15, just motivate it correctly. A G17 most definitely.

Ok, so why did you say this:

Very much doubt you will get a G17 on Occasional Hunting.
    I may be wrong though.

Forgive me if I'm missing something.

User

Always remember a dirty gun is a working gun, dirt is a sign of a running working gun. It’s inevitable.

User

Forgive me if I'm missing something.

15 Licence to possess firearm for occasional hunting and sports-shooting
    (1) A firearm in respect of which a licence may be issued in terms of this section is any-
    (a) handgun which is not fully automatic;
    (b) rifle or shotgun which is not fully or semi-automatic; or
    (c) barrel, frame or receiver of a handgun, rifle or shotgun contemplated in paragraph (a) or (b),
    and which is not a restricted firearm.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

If you shoot your hunting rifle more than twice a year go get DHS. If you want to shoot your handgun lots go get DSS and get a dedicated sports gun. Someone mentioned it before get something on the same platform and go have fun. The most cost effective option is NHSA, with NHSA you can do both DSS and DHS. Also NHSA recognizes other shooting disciplines and shooting of their tables as participation in Sports shooting. So for example you can go play at an IPSC club shoot and it counts towards your NHSA DSS status. Also they are very cost effective
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast