Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Re: How many firearms can you own if you do not have dedicated status?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuku View Post
    15 Licence to possess firearm for occasional hunting and sports-shooting
    (1) A firearm in respect of which a licence may be issued in terms of this section is any-
    (a) handgun which is not fully automatic;
    (b) rifle or shotgun which is not fully or semi-automatic; or
    (c) barrel, frame or receiver of a handgun, rifle or shotgun contemplated in paragraph (a) or (b),
    and which is not a restricted firearm.
    OK, so that is a yes then I can get a G17 for occasional hunting? But it would just be harder to motivate than say a revolver.

User

Default How many firearms can you own if you do not have dedicated status?

What I’m saying is get a G17 under S15, OSS. You say you don’t want DSS. So apply for a S15 under Occasional Sport. You can use the S15 G17 for any legal use. This is if I’m understanding you correctly?

What would you be wanting to hunt with a handgun?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    What I’m saying is get a G17 under S15, OSS. You say you don’t want DSS. So apply for a S15 under Occasional Sport. You can use the S15 G17 for any legal use. This is if I’m understanding you correctly?

What would you be wanting to hunt with a handgun?

As backup if a hunt goes wrong, say an angry warthog or pig charges your way.

What would I have to do to comply with having the G17 under Occasional Sport S15?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tman21 View Post
    (If this is considered derailing, apologies in advance Ill be more than happy to start my own thread)

If I may piggy back onto this. . . Im the idiot that wrote my competency a week or so before lock down and due to a car accident applying was the last thing on my mind before March 26.I already have a G19 (still at the range of course) and I can count on my 2 hands the amount of other hand guns I also really want.

So 2 folded questions seeing that you cannot own more than 2 Hand guns out of the 4 FA's without dedicated status.

1. What will I need to accompany my Sec15 License application (CZ shadow or similar) together with my G19 under Sec13? As in, will they give me a occasional sport shooting license straight off the bat? I really dont want any time to pass from my side with the current state of affairs on the licensing side. So one day when I actually have my competency in hand I want to apply for my Sec13/15 same day.

2. What will I need apart from DSS status to own several modern handguns?I will actually prefer to carry a P365XL for EDC then it means I already have the G19 as a 3rd FA (could make it wifes SEC15?)
    BUTI also want a 1911/2011, revolver, sub compact .45 and a Beretta 92 (actually want the Girsan Regard in FDE)Yes I still have a seriously long waiting period but I will want to have most of these and probably other FA's asap.
    (Lockdown has me eyeballing how my bonus will be spent if I get one in June)
    DSS is not because "I want more guns". How do all those listed fit for your chosen sport/discipline?

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    As backup if a hunt goes wrong, say an angry warthog or pig charges your way.

What would I have to do to comply with having the G17 under Occasional Sport S15?
    I would not go for a 9mm in that instance, but that’s me.

As written above, Comp which you have, an occasional sport motivation. I want to use this gun as my sport shooting gun. You don’t need to belong to a club, but it sure helps.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I would not go for a 9mm in that instance, but that’s me.

As written above, Comp which you have, an occasional sport motivation. I want to use this gun as my sport shooting gun. You don’t need to belong to a club, but it sure helps.

Yeah 9mm wouldn't be the best choice, but I would like to have ammo compatible with the G19 and 9mm is fairly cheap too, plus all my happy sticks will fit the G17.

Could you give me a short example of how I would start to motivate it as a sport shooting gun, given that I don't belong to a club.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post
    DSS is not because "I want more guns". How do all those listed fit for your chosen sport/discipline?
    They fall into any discipline that they can be motivated for.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Ok, so if I just join a club like Natshoot would that make a difference, but don't make use regularly?

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Ok, so if I just join a club like Natshoot would that make a difference, but don't make use regularly?
    With Natshoot you have to undertake 2 activities per annum to maintain DH and another 2 for DS. If you want send me a message and I’ll call you to chat about options 072 six one 3 five3 o1
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User

Default How many firearms can you own if you do not have dedicated status?

I would join Natshoot for DSS. For OSS you may join a registered shooting range to help with motivating for another handgun. You would just say that you require the G17 as it’s more suited to doing the odd shot at the range. G17 is well suited for range stuff, longer barrel etc.
    My motivation for a S15 Sport gun wasn’t very long.

Others on here are much better at doing motivations than I, maybe some will chime in. Roach?

Edit: I see Cordite has kindly offered help.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast