Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default RDS mounting options for Shotguns

I'm looking for options and the feasibility/benefit of mounting a red dot sight on my Mossberg 500! Does anyone have any experience with mounting RDS's on shotguns in general as well as mounting options?

User

Default Re: RDS mounting options for Shotguns

I have an aimpoint H1 mounted on my semi auto shotgun, shotgun came with a rail. Works great, if your shotgun does not have a rail it is possible to have one fitted by a competent gunsmith.

User

I would look at having a rail fitted, mounting an optic then becomes easy. I used to own a Mossberg 500 that an optic fitted which was not mounted on a rail. The mount used looked like a custom made affair.

Mounting a section of rail may be as simple as drilling and tapping the receiver.

User

I got my local gunsmith to put a rail on my mossberg 500. Works a dream...

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

User

I would love to fit a rail on my Zoli pump, in order to fot an RDS fot slugs shooting, but the receiver is aluminium and there is not enough thickness to drill and tap. I can definitely see the need for sights of some sort if one wants to shoot slugs.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kouros View Post
    I would love to fit a rail on my Zoli pump, in order to fot an RDS fot slugs shooting, but the receiver is aluminium and there is not enough thickness to drill and tap. I can definitely see the need for sights of some sort if one wants to shoot slugs.

You would be surprised how little metal you need to be able to drill and tap. Chat to a competent gunsmith and see if he can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kouros View Post

Since eye relief is not fixed on the typical RDS, you can move it forward and backward to a suitable spot with enough thickness to drill and tap.

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Since eye relief is not fixed on the typical RDS, you can move it forward and backward to a suitable spot with enough thickness to drill and tap.
    Thanks a lot .I've taken it to a couple of gunships and they dont seem to be keen. Perhaps I'll try again.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    You would be surprised how little metal you need to be able to drill and tap. Chat to a competent gunsmith and see if he can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank You David. I'll try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn881 View Post
    I'm looking for options and the feasibility/benefit of mounting a red dot sight on my Mossberg 500! Does anyone have any experience with mounting RDS's on shotguns in general as well as mounting options?
    What about something like this if all else fails:

https://www.amazon.com/TacStar-Tacti.../dp/B06XG58WWX

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast