Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Default Re: First EDC - Glock 19 vs Glock 43X

Quote Originally Posted by Grant9 View Post
    The 48 is easier to shoot than the 43X.
    i can not comment here as i have never shot the 48, but shoot my 43X damn similar to my 19, so i don't want to argue a point i have not personally tested, you could be right Grant9, but intuition tells me that the 48 wont shoot better then the 19, and they are so close for me to be a non issue, but perhaps i should shoot the 48 before i make that statement...

Quote Originally Posted by andy_760901 View Post
    I I had the 43 but just could never shoot it as well as I would like. I found I shoot the 43X to within a fraction the same as i would a 19 anyways. This is my perception. So for me it would be the 43X for the win. And you can take it from an owner who has shot the G23 and G27 and the G19 and G26 over many years. As well as having put a couple of hundred rounds through my 43X. It is my carry gun so i dont work it that hard, I shoot regularly to just keep my skills honed on that particular gun because it is my daily carry and will be for at least the next few years.
    Is this due to the increased grip size or other material differences? Would an extended mag in the 43 not have the same feel?

User

My edc is a glock 19 gen 4 and I have a 19x as backup, they're both fun to shoot but a few days ago I shot a few mags with a 43x and I would definitely choose that or a 48 for edc, the grip is long enough for a secure hold and I really like the flatter profile, I reckon i'm gonna move my 19 to s16 and get a 43x in the near future.

User

Quote Originally Posted by andy_760901 View Post
    ow just personally, i dont see the point of the G48 personally, i just dont see the advantage of the extra inch, but then again i a partial for AIWB, so the G48 holds less appeal, i guess at strong side or at the 4.30 position one could use the 48 i guess
    The G43X is similar to the G26 in oal and the G26 conceals better AIWB in a good G19 holster than in a good dedicated G26 holster because of the tendency of the short barrel G26 to roll out more than the medium sized G19.

So for me the choice between G48 and G43X came down to which would shoot marginally better and the benefit of a slightly longer sight radius (which eventually became a non issue because the 48 is now RDS'd) because either would be carried in a very good (my choice Phlster Pro) dedicated G48 AIWB holster anyway.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4