Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Best Netflix Series

Quote Originally Posted by Branden88 View Post
    Apologies never knew it was on Netflix, and I was also referring to The Terminal List as it's not available on Netflix.

Originally it was on AMC back in 2008, I watched it years later after all seasons were out, and then immediately started watching Better Call Saul, the final season is currently out, there's only 3 episodes left to be released, it's currently on AMC+.
    Yeah S6 of BCS I must find.

Where do you get AMC and/or AMC+ ? I don’t remember seeing it on the list on my Smart TV. Haven’t checked the play store yet.

Another series I was made aware of on one of these GS threads was Yellowstone. I watched S1-E1 and E2 through a “free” webpage before noticing that I’d need to subscribe to continue. Research showed that site was unreliable, probably having takedown issues with legal authorities in the US.

I clearly need more than Netflix. Any recommendations for streaming services ?

Another question for the knowledgeable here - are most of these services ok to use directly by downloading and running from my LG Smart TV, or is it better to have something like Apple TV ?

Sorry for the thread hijack, but it seems like a suitable place to ask.

TIA

User

Can comment on Smart TV as I use Apple TV's.

Yellowstone is great, then there is a spin off on the early years of Yellowstone, called 1893 and there will be another spin off coming related to the 6666 ranch and then the next season of Yellowstone I think will launch in Oct/Nov.

Enjoyed Meateater, although Steve’s long vowels get grating at some point (might just be me).

Currently a few episodes into Wolf Like Me, which seems intriguing. Not sure if it’s available on Netflix? Possibly Amazon Prime.
    Last edited by Skaaphaas; 04-08-2022 at 11:04.

User

The Gray Man was a shockingly poor adaptation of the book series. The movie was just a typical Hollywood action movie with elements of Jason Bourne, John Wick and Vin Diesel's xXx. Not bad if that's your bag, but it really didn't do the books justice. Not even a little bit

User

There is a series about Woodstock 1999, and how it became a disaster... Worth a watch

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HadEnuf View Post
    Yeah S6 of BCS I must find.

Where do you get AMC and/or AMC+ ? I don’t remember seeing it on the list on my Smart TV. Haven’t checked the play store yet.

Another series I was made aware of on one of these GS threads was Yellowstone. I watched S1-E1 and E2 through a “free” webpage before noticing that I’d need to subscribe to continue. Research showed that site was unreliable, probably having takedown issues with legal authorities in the US.

I clearly need more than Netflix. Any recommendations for streaming services ?

Another question for the knowledgeable here - are most of these services ok to use directly by downloading and running from my LG Smart TV, or is it better to have something like Apple TV ?

Sorry for the thread hijack, but it seems like a suitable place to ask.

TIA
    Look at My Family Cinema.
    Everything you need, full stop

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

ReMastered

The Lion’s Share ( cos we South African)
    Many others.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Cunk on Earth

Her quick wit and subtle commentary puts a smile on the face.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Fire-stick View Post
    Cunk on Earth

Her quick wit and subtle commentary puts a smile on the face.
    I find the responses of the people she 'interviews' almost as whacked as her. They know it's a piss take but still get taken by surprise and get that WTF is going on here look.

User

Showmax's "The last of us" (HBO + big budget) is thoroughly enjoyable. Also Showmax's HBO "The white lotus" is very entertaining, if you're into that kind of thing.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast