Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default 9.3 X 70 Mauser caliber hunting rifle build

Good day to all the members..I believe all is good and well in the lock down period we find ourselves in...

Something interesting to all our Die-hard fanatic broad/numerous based owners /hunters of the great 9.3 x 62 Caliber Rifle that stood the tests of times and is viewed as an all time great ...

I managed to obtain through research and some luck to acquire a original drawing of a brass casing of the
    9.3 x 70 Mauser caliber with measurements to be able to cut a reamer and buy the re-loading dies and gauges from a company in Germany...for this scarce caliber...

The only rifle made in this caliber was made for the German Natzi Secrete Police leader , Herman Goering , who were spearheading the killings of thousands of Jewish people ....this rifle is in a Museum in Germany today...

I know of only two other rifles in the world in this caliber ( I stand to be corrected and would be great-full if you can prove me wrong so I can contact the third or fourth owner of this scarce caliber...

I ordered the reamer after I send the drawing to a reamer manufacturing company, while asking my friend in Germany to buy me the re-loading dies and gauges from the company in Germany,...to enable me to build this caliber into a rifle ...

I hope this information is useful to the 9.3 x 62 Caliber owners of this great forum...just something interesting to share with you all

User

Default Re: 9.3 X 70 Mauser caliber hunting rifle build

HI Gert

Is it related to the 9.3x70 Magnum? Or completely different design?

https://www.cartridgecollector.net/93-x-70-magnum

EDIT:
    Nevermind, seems to be the same thing.

I think somebody in US also built one a while ago.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Boomstomp View Post
    HI Gert

Is it related to the 9.3x70 Magnum? Or completely different design?

https://www.cartridgecollector.net/93-x-70-magnum

EDIT:
    Nevermind, seems to be the same thing.

I think somebody in US also built one a while ago.
    Great , Boomstomp, will it be possible to get me contact details of this person, it really would be nice to discuss this caliber, where he got his reamer, dies ect with him..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Odendaal View Post
    Good day to all the members..I believe all is good and well in the lock down period we find ourselves in...

Something interesting to all our Die-hard fanatic broad/numerous based owners /hunters of the great 9.3 x 62 Caliber Rifle that stood the tests of times and is viewed as an all time great ...

I managed to obtain through research and some luck to acquire a original drawing of a brass casing of the
    9.3 x 70 Mauser caliber with measurements to be able to cut a reamer and buy the re-loading dies and gauges from a company in Germany...for this scarce caliber...

The only rifle made in this caliber was made for the German Natzi Secrete Police leader , Herman Goering , who were spearheading the killings of thousands of Jewish people ....this rifle is in a Museum in Germany today...

I know of only two other rifles in the world in this caliber ( I stand to be corrected and would be great-full if you can prove me wrong so I can contact the third or fourth owner of this scarce caliber...

I ordered the reamer after I send the drawing to a reamer manufacturing company, while asking my friend in Germany to buy me the re-loading dies and gauges from the company in Germany,...to enable me to build this caliber into a rifle ...

I hope this information is useful to the 9.3 x 62 Caliber owners of this great forum...just something interesting to share with you all
    I think it was just plain mean to post about this.

Banned

Gert, please contact me when able, I have 3 real old reloading books by Speer and another master Piece by the legend Col Townsend Whelen if you want them. There some interesting old calibers and there history in these books.

I know you dig that stuff.

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    Gert, please contact me when able, I have 3 real old reloading books by Speer and another master Piece by the legend Col Townsend Whelen if you want them. There some interesting old calibers and there history in these books.

I know you dig that stuff.
    Treeman, it is good to hear from you again, much appreciated ... I was hoping you would do a build on this caliber as well??? Yes, you are quite right , I really like the old books and their valuable knowledge and written information...please upload a few photos of the books as well..I want to see if I already have some of them in my collection??? I will be glad to take all the old books off your hands Treeman, will pay the courier costs with a smile ..I think in Level 2 or 1 they might just give the go-ahead to courier non-essentials..

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Odendaal View Post
    Great , Boomstomp, will it be possible to get me contact details of this person, it really would be nice to discuss this caliber, where he got his reamer, dies ect with him..
    Hi Gert

I remember reading an article about it somewhere before I got my 9.3x62... few years ago!
    Also looked into other 9.3 calibres and came across it, but cannot remember where.

User

Boomstomp, thank you, I am working towards acquiring all the relevant components to turn it in a rifle building project in the near future after completing the two current builds I am busy with...

User

I need to point out, since I am not a cartridge collector my aim is to find all the calibers that was based on the 404 Jeffery brass casing without any changes done to the cartridge`s dimensions necking or down to another caliber ...so far the 9.3 x 70 caliber and the .338 Imperial Magnum range was based on a non-changed 404 Jeffery brass casing ..it was used as is in the 404 Jeffery form ...I already bought the .338 Imperial Magnum reamers, dies and gauges to achieve this goal and currently sourced the items for the 9.3 x 70 caliber..already received a original drawing of the round...

Banned

Only the the bottom right book is in poor condition, the rest are solid, corners bit rubbed, what a book lover calls lovingly worn.
    The top left book is a amazing trip to take and is written so first person talking to you, things like chamber pressures are mentioned theoretically "this that".
    The top right Speer #6 talks of new cartridges that are now obsolete ( the 7 mm are interesting)
    20200505_194313 by David Frank Allen, on Flickr

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast