Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Eleven Exercises That Will Enhance Your Shooting Technique and Your Core By Lauren Young and m

I appreciate how our world has developed to focus on details, and although I only scanned the pieces above it makes good sense.

Maintaining a fitness schedule requires discipline but is very profitable in the long run.

User

Default Re: Eleven Exercises That Will Enhance Your Shooting Technique and Your Core By Lauren Young and m

Good thread KK. Pat Mac is a beast of note and puts great content out as well.

User

People think incorrectly about exercise, exercise is not about the physical, it’s a mental issue.
    Showing a bunch of uber special forces guys also doesn’t help, needless to say these guys are the best of the best, selected from a large group to be the best among them.

The ordinary man needs to draw a conclusion closer to home.
    If you are a person that struggles with keeping fit, compare it to your work.
    If I give you a piece of work to do, are you going to do it half, do you not have pride in your work, do you guys not do it to the best of your abilities?
    Well funny enough exercise is the same.
    Go look in the mirror, ask yourself why you are not doing your exercises, ask why you are going about your health half assed, ask why you have no pride in your body, why you don’t train to the best of your abilities, when it’s a feature you already have in another sector of your life.

If you remove the cool army talk these guys are basically just asking that you do things right, they focus on physical attributes that compliments fighting.
    That starts with an individual that tries to be the best he can be, not try and be someone else, once you focus on being the best you can be the lessons from these spec ops guys are much clearer.
    There were some chubby folk in that one video, you guys think they look like the instructor today, nope.
    It’s because falling into a course like that without having sorted your mental issues out first often just leads to failure.

User

To inspire those that are too lazy to train just look up the research on exercise and aging.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    People think incorrectly about exercise, exercise is not about the physical, it’s a mental issue.
    Showing a bunch of uber special forces guys also doesn’t help, needless to say these guys are the best of the best, selected from a large group to be the best among them.

The ordinary man needs to draw a conclusion closer to home.
    If you are a person that struggles with keeping fit, compare it to your work.
    If I give you a piece of work to do, are you going to do it half, do you not have pride in your work, do you guys not do it to the best of your abilities?
    Well funny enough exercise is the same.
    Go look in the mirror, ask yourself why you are not doing your exercises, ask why you are going about your health half assed, ask why you have no pride in your body, why you don’t train to the best of your abilities, when it’s a feature you already have in another sector of your life.

If you remove the cool army talk these guys are basically just asking that you do things right, they focus on physical attributes that compliments fighting.
    That starts with an individual that tries to be the best he can be, not try and be someone else, once you focus on being the best you can be the lessons from these spec ops guys are much clearer.
    There were some chubby folk in that one video, you guys think they look like the instructor today, nope.
    It’s because falling into a course like that without having sorted your mental issues out first often just leads to failure.
    Wisdom. Thanks.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Quote Originally Posted by Antlion View Post
    This is excellent.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

I really like the first posts, thank you KK

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    Not really, the people selected for the training are not the best at everything nor they ever will be, but they are the most compatible with the job they are to be trained eventually to become special forces personnel. They will be extremely good at their job, but they have their strengths and weaknesses just like the guy next door. But their overall performance is extraordinary just like their intelligence: there's no cognitively challenged super soldiers among these guys, a lot of them have or end up having diplomas with higher level education and many of them end up with an academic career after they have to leave the corps. This applies to the US and many other western special forces, there might be different kind of military specialty all over the world, but I'm not an expert on those guys. Consider... Iranian Special forces

Is exercise mental or physical challenge? It is both, but if you don't have motivation (mental impetus), the physical strain will be crushingly negative experience and you will just stop hurting yourself. Even if you have a motivator, you may feel overwhelmed with the pain added to your everyday duties, hence you should have a plan how to cope with these moments of doubt. To me it was an arsehole for a friend as a personal trainer. Very rude and blunt guy with his feedback, a guy with unbelievable physical endurance, the guy to whom everything physical is easy. But he can't calculate 3+5-2=? without a calculator (Is it eleven? No: FIVE!). Hence his long and succesful career as a senior security guard at an embassy of a superpower and a staff sergeant in the reserve forces (no, they don't think, they just follow orders from the thinking types to the letter or are let go), no way in hell he had any chance to be a part of anything more complex than running a checkpoint. But he's very good at it.

My goal was to add 'SWAT school graduate' to my resume when I was 46 years old, with torn knee ligaments and while waiting for the operation, I had continued my hefty diet and gained over 20 kg extra fat in my belly. There may have been a couple of beers in the mix too. Nice starting point for a successful completion of a school meant for the young and able.

I did have about six months time to prepare, during which time I did lose over 20 kg, gained muscle mass, got my endurance level back to almost normal even if running still hurt like hell, was cursed and bantered by that arse for a man (with a heart of gold) who got me back on the track every time I had moments of doubts. Remember, this all happened while I was running my own business and was a dad and a husband, a home owner with everything to fix among all other things: duties were endless and sometimes keeping my eyes on the goal wasn't so easy and obvious.

But I did succeed, graduated fourth of the class, passed everything with flying colors and in the end, was a certified door kicker. Woohoo. And finally I graduated as an 'Entry Operations Instructor' which wouldn't have happened unless I had passed that first stage which I then thought was the actual goal. Things lead to another when you just keep improving your skillset.

The essence of this anecdote is, both mental and physical strain are important factors, sometimes equal, sometimes one weighs more than the other, but both are essential things to consider and to understand, and for the most important part: keep them in balance pushing the envelope all the way to the goal and beyond.

And what do I think is hands down the one most important physical training area for any physical/mental skill? Core strength.

User

Quote Originally Posted by AK-Gunner View Post
    I really like the first posts, thank you KK

And what do I think is hands down the one most important physical training area for any physical/mental skill? Core strength.
    I've in recent years become fascinated by Strongman events, and am super annoyed I missed it when Worlds Strongest Man 2017 was hosted in Botswana...if only I had known. You look at Eddie Hall, Nick Best, Brian Shaw etc, and the one thing you will see about them, apart from being generally huge, is their mid-sections. They look almost fat, especially around their mid-sections. Then you look at what they do. The lifting and carrying...and the most important part is their core. So AK-Gunner is very right in that sense!

User

Quote Originally Posted by pblaauw View Post
    You look at Eddie Hall, Nick Best, Brian Shaw etc
    Did you see Thor lift that 501 kg?
    Made it look easy, that is scary.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast