Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Eleven Exercises That Will Enhance Your Shooting Technique and Your Core By Lauren Young and m

Exercise is a weird thing, I personally don't need any motivation, I guess I am just so used to doing it by now.

As for core muscles, just planks and crunches.
    Crunches are weird, for those that know, it's only the first few sets that hurt, after that the pain is gone and you can keep going, perhaps a doctor or fitness guy can explain.
    I am now at 270 crunches for tonight and will go up to 400.

User

Default Re: Eleven Exercises That Will Enhance Your Shooting Technique and Your Core By Lauren Young and m

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    Did you see Thor lift that 501 kg?
    Made it look easy, that is scary.
    Yup, that's insane...I don't think people know how heavy that is. The fight between him and Eddie Hall will be interesting to watch

User

Quote Originally Posted by pblaauw View Post
    Yup, that's insane...I don't think people know how heavy that is. The fight between him and Eddie Hall will be interesting to watch
    Eddie was in real bad shape after his lift, I think he's reached the limits of his frame.
    Thor is almost not human, for those wondering what we are talking about google Hafthor 501kg lift.

User

Just a note on special ops guys.
    I saw a documentary where a study revealed that most guys who ended up making the cut had a physical difference in their bodies, something that is blocking pain more than normal humans.
    Can’t remember the documentary, or the study, maybe one of you guys can remember, but it suggested that for many of them it wasn’t just about taking the pain, they felt less pain to be exact.

User

Just a note on special ops guys.
    I saw a documentary where a study revealed that most guys who ended up making the cut had a physical difference in their bodies, something that is blocking pain more than normal humans.
    Can’t remember the documentary, or the study, maybe one of you guys can remember, but it suggested that for many of them it wasn’t just about taking the pain, they felt less pain to be exact.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3323922/ - It has taken more than a century to confirm Mosso’s idea that both the brain and the muscles alter their function during exercise and that fatigue is predominantly an emotion, part of a complex regulation, the goal of which is to protect the body from harm.

User

...that fatigue is predominantly an emotion...
    Yes, it is a fuse of sorts but to a point: I've been driven beyond this point and the result is non functional body, just your autonomic systems are still at play, but any voluntary muscle movement is more or less impossible or erratic. It's a horrible situation, basically a fatigue paralysis.

User

Exercise is a weird thing, I personally don't need any motivation, I guess I am just so used to doing it by now.

You are in the happy space with your exercise, congratulations

When your mind and body are in balance with your ability to sustain efficient exercise that's when your brain is cooking the same endorphins it manufactures if you sniff cocaine, have sex or are just about to die, you find exercise enjoyable and you want more to feel the rush. It's mother nature's way to lure us into keeping ourselves fit and has been an essential part of evolution's trickery which has kept us alive as species. Alas...

Good times create weak men. Now we can experience the same sensations without the pain, sweat, and effort of physical exercise by the means of alcohol, drugs, gluttony and enjoying adrenaline rushes by proxy watching exiting films or playing computer games never lifting our arses from our favourite sofas. Here comes the disservice of the same evolution that has made us a succesful prevailing species: we have been coded with an instruction set which states "find your happy space with as little effort as possible to conserve energy". It makes sense if you are a hunter-gatherer having to spend your waking hours finding food, bringing it back to your tribe, trying to mate and start over the next morning, but to the modern people with non-physical jobs and lots of free time, the natural urge to energy conservation which helped us survive, is now killing people on those proverbial favourite sofas. Oh the irony.

Therefore there must be some kind of an initial motivator which makes one want to exercise, after which if you don't break yourself with wrong or overly stressing techniques, you will want more and you'll end up being in the happy feedback loop. Been there, done that, but today I have to take it easy on the running since the once operated torn ligaments are torn again and there's nothing separating my bones from each other in my knees, a factor which made a doctor ask me once "How much does it hurt in scale of one to ten, like all the time?" But nothing can separate me from my kettlebells as long as the rest of my body is in at least somewhat working order.

I too still need to feel the rush...

P.S. thank you pblaauw for my new motto:

"It's not fat, it's just my massive core strength showing"

User

Quote Originally Posted by AK-Gunner View Post
    P.S. thank you pblaauw for my new motto:

"It's not fat, it's just my massive core strength showing"

Banned

You just happen to have a couple of these pics lying around on your PC ??

User

That doesn’t help :)
    Strongmen are strong because they are strong.

Unfortunately most men think they are strong, most middle aged men when they hit the belly fat stage still think of themselves as 20. I mean we all still feel the same person, most are not.

It is kind of a conundrum because literally I am now the strongest person I have ever been, the strongest version of me. But that does not a human make, it’s not the best version of me, it’s the 40 year old version of me, my joints aren’t 18 anymore. I will also tear a few ligaments if I jump off a roof now, where back then I would have hit the ground running. Now when in the mountains when I need to jump to another rock say 2 meters away I don’t, I climb, in the olden days I would have jumped without thinking now it’s like wait boet, strong or not you are in your 40’s.

Exercise and strength is good but one must just act your age :)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast