Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: EDC bag rifle

User

Default EDC bag rifle

If if you had to edc a rifle (also rifle caliber) in a backpack, slingbag whatever which rifle would it be what type of bag and why?

User

Default Re: EDC bag rifle

For what planned purpose..? Mission drives the need, what are you wanting to achieve

User

Quote Originally Posted by Sicario View Post
    For what planned purpose..? Mission drives the need, what are you wanting to achieve
    Like i mentioned edc that would mean different things for different people hence the question.
    I would personally assume it would be for when a handgun is not enough. Getting caught in mall and shop robberies. Maybe getting caught up in a cit heist. Could be a preparedness thing for a farm attack. Maybe just for hijacks seeing as it is 3-5 men jobs these days and they have AK’s.
    Could be a active shooter scenario many many different scenarios.
    Also this is a thought experiment and a look at small compact rifles

In terms of bags, their are some options, though not cheap. First, decide on a sling bag or backpack. For me personally, I think a sling bag is better, because the bag doesn't need to be taken off, you just sling it in front and get to your hardware.

Second, decide on how inconspicuous you want the bag to be.

Third, how long is the gun you want to conceal as that will determine the size of the bag.

Then, decide on what manufacturer.

Vertx makes some bags like the Gamut (which is a backpack) or Commuter and Commuter XL (sling bags). Both look like fairly normal bags.
    Others are 5.11 AMP72 which is more of a bugout bag with a weapon compartment or other 5.11 bags like the Covrt M4 or M4 Shorty or Select Carry Sling pack.
    Another backpack option is the Eberlestock Cherry Bomb pack or Secret weapon pack.
    There are also Sneaky Bags (that's actually a brand)

Some further examples could be found on sneaky bags.com. Another site to read up on is shortbarrelshepherd.com. The guy running that site used a Adidas racquet type bag I think.

Only problem with most of these bags are they are not available locally.

I'm terms of what rifle, I think a 300BLK would be ideal, a PCC could also work but that's just my opinion. A 556 SBR should also work but to get effective penetration the barrel must probably be 11 inches or more, which of course adds to the length of the bag. The bag shouldn't be that big that it stands out in a crowd because it's suspiciously big.

I might let go of my Vertx Commuter XL sling if you were interested.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

User

12.5" barreled rifle with folding stock and ASE UTRA SL5 BL silencer in case you need that option. For EDC I guess a red dot like the Aimpoint H2 would be be adequite? Would be a cool rifle build :)

I am assuming that when things has gone so far that you need to edc a rifle concealment would probably not be your first priority?

Interesting question though.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Banned

If one decides that it is time to utilise a handgun the situation is basically life-and-death, or something very close to it. How bad must it be for someone to decide to edc a rifle? The only scenario that makes sense is under open warlike circumstances.

One thing stands out: compactness. Whether in a vehicle or on foot, a large rifle is cumbersome.

If I must be able to carry the rifle, it would probably be a very shortened bolt action rifle, maybe even bullpup design if possible, or a real SLR bullpup.

The FN PS90 and Steyr AUG come to mind.

The bag should be easily deployable, yet also tight enough to allow for easy movement. A loose bag is very cumbersome when walking longer distances.

Maybe a hard cased backpack if that is available?

Banned

A shorty Cz scorpion evo in a backpack with about 12mags should do the trick

User

My thoughts are along the lines if if you need a rifle a pcc is not going to cut it. SA is one of the most violent societies on earth today if anyone is in a situation to edc a rifle it would be in sa.
    I also like a single strap bag for ease of access. Imo this is a job for a AK style rifle so you can have a decent foldable stock. There used to be a couple of dashprod SARm14 around have not heard about them in a while but they could work very nicely. There was also vz58 with 7,5 and 10,5 barrels around.
    I have never seen a fn ps90 in SA are they available?

User

Sig MPX in 5.56

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gertjie87 View Post
    I have never seen a fn ps90 in SA are they available?
    Shortly after I joined the forum (Oct 2012) someone mentioned that there were two in the country, brought in on order.

In SA, an AK or AR type rifle is the wiser decision.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast