User

Default Who stocks A&G Mag Spacers and Scherer +1 Mag Extensions for Glocks?

Hi Guys and Gals

I have searching unsucessfully for A&G MAG Spacers for my Glock 27. I need the G23 to G27 as well as the G22 to G27 ones. I use the extended mags for Steel Challenge, dont ask why ;-).

I am currently using the Scherer grip extension but require the +1 extension as my 9 round mags are not ideal for IDPA. I manged to source these through Shooting Stuff but they do not have the +1.

These items are easy to find online but no-one wants to ship to SA.

Any help regarding a local source would be appreciated.

Mark

User

Default Re: Who stocks A&G Mag Spacers and Scherer +1 Mag Extensions for Glocks?

Your best bet is probably glockparts.com. They will ship to SA no problem.

User

Default Re: Who stocks A&G Mag Spacers and Scherer +1 Mag Extensions for Glocks?

Thanks Alpha_Mike

I will try them.

Mark

User

Why not just buy mags with factory shoes?

erm, BigT, i have used A&G grip extenders, it basically fills the space that sticks out on a 23 mag shipped into a 27, so when the mag is shipped it allows for the exact same grip as a 23 and the same for the 22 spacer, it slides over the top of the mag and rests on the bottom of the standard glock plate, and i think you can even use it in conjunction with the + Plate as well, and an allen key is used to secure through the back into the rear spine of the glock mag to ensure that the spacer does not shift position, the only draw back to these is that if you have a 23 or 22, the mag will obviously now not ship as you have the spacer on, unless you remove it, but quick interchangeability, no go.

My friend only uses his for his 27, no 23 or 22, and so it makes no diffs to him. He uses the 23 with the A&G all the time as a carry option. As for me, i like the standard plate or a +2 plate.

User

Thanks Andy. I know what the A&G is I meant why not get mags with factory shoes rather than fit the scherer extension.

User

Quote Originally Posted by andy_760901 View Post
    so when the mag is shipped it allows for the exact same grip as a 23
    To be totally a-retentive this is not true.
    The G27 has a more curved backstrap and the extender makes it feel EVEN BETTER than a G23.

aha, got ya, sorry, i thought that it was weird that a chap with your overall knowledge did not know A&G, apologies, well i hope i may of enlightened anyone else that did not know. Im with you for the most part, id just do as you argued, ship a full-size standard mag into the sub-compact and be done.

---------- Post added at 11:02 ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 ----------

fair enough, i can not argue SHARK,

So when you selling me your Smith Centennial ?

User

The only reason I prefer the Scherer extension, to the standard factory one, is that it looks a lot better to me. I have a factory extension that I currently use but feel that it is rather plain and functional, even by Glock standards.

Cheers
    Mark