Default His and her Safe

Hi there.

I want the community to help me with a couple of questions I have.

A year ago wife and I decided its time we invest in firearms from both a self defense point of view and a sport shooting/ occasional hunting perspective. (Nice sport we can do together!)

We have both completed our pistol and rifle competency (10 months wait for approval) and have now bought numerous firearms of which 2 is 9mm pistols. One is a concelable sd for my EDC and a big old service pistol I have on a dedicated sport licence.

My wife was gifted a 22 hornet while I got 2 other rifles.

After that mouthful, my questions: is my wife allowed to use the sport pistol in case of emergency when I'm not home? Bearing in mind she does have relevant competencyto protect herself and our 2 kids? Should we acquire a second safe for her tiny rifle where only she has access to, which will allow me to restrict access to the big safe?

She is a preschool teacher and Connor EDC at school. So not interested in getting her own pistol (yet).

Thanks for all responses.

User

Default Re: His and her Safe

Dual license is your only way for the same gun unless your are present.

She cannot have access to your guns and vice versa.

Shit his the fan. She will be fine. You might face a sec102 and lose your guns.

User

Default Re: His and her Safe

By law, she is not allowed to have access to your weapons and vice versa.

Option 1 is for her to get her own safe. Basically she has to to get her licence for her hornet. Might as well buy her a pistol of her own.

Option 2 is to dual licence all your weapons then both of you are legally allowed to use one safe.

Now, these are not going to be the last firearms you will be buying, so I recommend you go with option 3 and buy 2 big safes.