Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default A review of some method of carry trends by Kelly Mc Cann

9:10
    live out your imagination , not your history.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default Re: A review of some method of carry trends by Kelly Mc Cann

I thought I just add here rather than open new threads.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Too many "fucks", none given by me. Why in heavens name do people think they sound more believable if spitting out profanities? Unprofessional conduct in my book. Too bad, maybe he had something to share, but then again, who wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by AK-Gunner View Post
    Too many "fucks", none given by me. Why in heavens name do people think they sound more believable if spitting out profanities? Unprofessional conduct in my book. Too bad, maybe he had something to share, but then again, who wouldn't.
    Agreed.

Also, he might know how to draw a gun, but his punching (in the first video) without gloves was all wrong. Someone taught me how to punch bare knuckles who practised kung fu. You punch with your bottom three knuckles, or middle and ring in my case, not your fingers. This becomes automatic after a while and you always angle your hand that way. You can punch really hard surfaces at a slight angle and for punches to bone, the face, softer surfaces, etc. you angle them straight on for most damage.

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Agreed.

Also, he might know how to draw a gun, but his punching (in the first video) without gloves was all wrong. Someone taught me how to punch bare knuckles who practised kung fu. You punch with your bottom three knuckles, or middle and ring in my case, not your fingers. This becomes automatic after a while and you always angle your hand that way. You can punch really hard surfaces at a slight angle and for punches to bone, the face, softer surfaces, etc. you angle them straight on for most damage.
    No. You do not use your bottom 3 knuckles to punch correctly. You are right about the fingers though.

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    No. You do not use your bottom 3 knuckles to punch correctly. You are right about the fingers though.
    That's how that master taught.

Well how do you punch then?

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    That's how that master taught.

Well how do you punch then?
    Just pointing out you are not entirely correct. Don't really want to get into a debate with you about it. If what you learned works for you, then great. But I doubt things have changed much since the years ago when I was was still training. Cheers.

User

Default A review of some method of carry trends by Kelly Mc Cann

Well I know that Kelly is coming to SA shortly, I am sure he would appreciate being shown how to do things correctly.

But I doubt there will be anyone that would take up this offer. Go look at his track record and compare it to any Kung Fu masters when it comes to day to day fighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    Well I know that Kelly is coming to SA shortly, I am sure he would appreciate being shown how to do things correctly.

But I doubt there will be anyone that would take up this offer. Go look at his track record and compare it to any Kung Fu masters when it comes to day to day fighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you watch the first video you see he throws a punch, but doesn't use his knuckles, that tells me that he is used to using gloves and fighting in the ring. Do that in a real street fight and there's a chance you break your fingers and then it's game over. I practice (bare knuckles) how I would fight on the street not in the ring. But hey, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say I'm better than him he would probably klap me, just pointing out that using gloves all the time can lead to some bad technique in terms of angle of the fist.

Banned

One can punch with the first two knuckles. In this case, the knuckles aline with the radius and ulna and the fist is kept pretty straight. This is the way the karate masters break ice blocks and bricks.

One can also punch with the last three knuckles as described above.

Or one can punch with an open palm. Sounds funny but it transfers huge amounts of energy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast